3 Days Post-Op

Well, it a whirlwind of events, I saw my NS and was immediately scheduled for surgery about a week later. He said my CSF flow was dangerously low. I am 3 days post-op and am getting to go home from the hospital today. It has been awesome! The tingling in my fingers has disappeared! Of course, I can’t rate in on the head/neck pain yet, not until I heal up, but my NS said the surgery went wonderful! My neck is really sore and I get tired really easily, but I am so happy that its done and over with so I can begin to heal!

By the way, my NS is Dr. Christopher Bogaev in San Antonio, TX.

Tx, congratulations! I’m so happy that things went well. I hope you take it easy and continue to get better and better and better.

Jenn

Great news! The neck soreness and fatigue were the worst of it for me so make sure you get lots of rest! :)

Hi!!
Thanks so much for the update…welcome home!

Glad to hear you are doing better...and you will get even better as you heal :)

Glad to hear you are home and surgery went well. Take it easy .

Thank y’all so much for your encouragements! I am so happy to be home in my own bed and recliner! The neck stiffness during the night is definitely annoying. I’m only sleeping about 2-3 hrs at a time before I have to move around. Idk, I haven’t been taking any pain meds. Maybe I should take some at night? Just to sleep? What’s y’all’s opinion on this, or what worked with y’all?

~Mariah :slight_smile:

I a glad to hear that you are doing so well after surgery. Get your rest and take your time recovering. Sleep when you need to sleep. Pain meds have their benefits and their drawbacks. If you feel you need to them to rest, do so. There is no shame in it!

I am traveling to that area of TX next week. I have an appointment with Dr. Jimenez. I have also placed a call to Dr. Bogaev in hopes of getting multiple opinions.

I am so glad things are going well for you!! Don't over do it! Keep us posted :)

SparkyID7