"Why do we get so fatigued"

Can any one explain why chiarians get so fagitued?

ABBY…GREAT QUESTION…Not one doc has ever given me a straight answer…BUT…Do you think , maybe it is b/c we are in a pretty constant struggle with our Sx’s and life struggles in general???

I think, in my case, it is b/c there are constant stress …both body and mind…finding a way to handle the Sx’s and the stress it causes is a daily battle for me…There are so many others who are worse off than I…so then I feel like a whiner!!!

what do you think about the fatigue??? any dr. ever say anything about that.

God Bless,
Lori

Don’t ever feel like a whiner Abby. We are all in this together and we all have bad days. We all know that each of our conditions could be worse. We all want to be strong, but sometimes that isn’t possible. We need others to bring us up and make us smile. We need to vent and connect with eachother for advice. That is what a support group is all about so don’t ever feel ashamed to complain. We are here to listen :slight_smile:

lori landi said:

ABBY…GREAT QUESTION…Not one doc has ever given me a straight answer…BUT…Do you think , maybe it is b/c we are in a pretty constant struggle with our Sx’s and life struggles in general???

I think, in my case, it is b/c there are constant stress …both body and mind…finding a way to handle the Sx’s and the stress it causes is a daily battle for me…There are so many others who are worse off than I…so then I feel like a whiner!!!

God Bless,
Lori

Sorry I meant to say “Don’t ever feel like a Whiner Lori…”…stupid chiari…lol

Dawn Randal said:

Don’t ever feel like a whiner Abby. We are all in this together and we all have bad days. We all know that each of our conditions could be worse. We all want to be strong, but sometimes that isn’t possible. We need others to bring us up and make us smile. We need to vent and connect with eachother for advice. That is what a support group is all about so don’t ever feel ashamed to complain. We are here to listen :slight_smile:

lori landi said:

God Bless,
Lori

Lori, I feel exactly as you do. I think stress without Chiari is enough to cause harm to your body. I am lucky because my problems are not constant as those I have read from others. I am always thankful to wake without pain. It does not happen very often but at least I can get through most days.

well i had one person tell me. that when you go though an ideal, mentally or phyically, it can be a sign of CFS cronic figtique symdrome excuse my spelling, or mistaken for it
apart from that i dont know

I know my fatigue is real and I’m not on any daily meds so my brain fog has to be real too. I wish doctors would take this chiari more seriously and do some research. Thank you for sharing with us Abby :slight_smile:

Abby said:

Thank you Dawn for your kind words of encouragement. I did do some research on Chiari and Fatigue. It said that the chiari plus fatigue, is poorly understood, and more investigation needs to be made. (THEY DON"T KNOW). The article continued to say that as chiari manifests it makes us more symptomatic and that brain fog can be a fluctuated disfunction. Medication may contribute to some of our brain fog, it continued, (Again, may, investigate, can be, may, they really don’t have enough evidence to really know). This statement is true and I know from being a Chiarian, my fatigue is real and it makes me very disfunctional! As our numbers grown in diagnoses which it does each and every day, then you’d think that more research should be done.

I agree ladies… I really think my fatigue is from me fighting with the pain so much, that it totally and completely exhausts me… I feel like i have been running for miles and miles and just can’t stop… Here lately… I am still tired even upon waking in the morning, so I know that I am not getting good solid sleep… Chiari stinks and along with everything else… It’s just hard to figure out what causes what here lately!