Waiting to hear from Dr Oro's office

I finally got tired of dealing with my local doctors and I sent my reports and information to Colorado. I was just curious about how long it will take for me to find out if they are willing to see me or not.

For those of you that went to see Dr. Oro, how long did it take for them to call you back? And when they called, about how long was it before the actual appointment?

Thanks!

I never tried. After reading all of the information on the Chiari Centers website I felt like that was where I wanted to go. According to their site they look at all other health conditions and see how they fit with the Chiari. When I first started to see a doctor for my headaches I began to find out lots of other medical stuff. I have a pituitary macroadenoma, hashimotos and a benign (thank goodness) nodule thyroid. Oh, and the Chiari too. So I feel like I need someone who can look at everything and figure out whats truly causing the headaches. They claim to do that.....however, I could be wrong.

But I don't know if they will even see me, I am still waiting to hear.

Most NS get back with you within a couple of weeks. New patient appointments unless an emergency situation may take up to a few months.

I will send this out to Membership so Dr Oro's patients can answer this better than I can.

I went through the Wisconsin Chiari Institute with Dr. Heffez. I sent my MRI's with no reports as requested and I had a response within 4 days. I was told that I apparently have Chiari. More testing is required and they like to do it with their machines. I'm headed there on Oct. 29th for the testing and I meet him on Oct. 30th to get my final (hopefully) diagnosis!

I saw dr oro two weeks ago. They got back to me two days after my message.

I had to send them a MRI reporting showing that I had chiari before they would book a appointment. The appt was four weeks later.

He has a rule that he will not see anyone unless it has been six months since their last surgery.

He has a four week lead time on surgeries as well.

Called me back within one week of sending mri films. Appointment w/ NP the next week. New MRI the following week and another app w/ NP wjo showed me the results of the scans and then follow upconsult with dr Oro the next week…so everything within 3 weeks.

This was a year ago, but they did call me back pretty quickly - within a few days and scheduled the appointment within a month.

Wow! Thanks for the replies. I sent the info on Thursday. I was just curious about how long it would take for them to contact me.

I sent in the reports from my regular MRI and my CINE MRI and it showed a 9mm Chiari and miniscule flow posteriorly and mild flow anteriorly. I hope he is willing to see me. I would assume that they would call and let me know either way.

Thanks again!!

Dr.Oro office called us within 30 minutes after getting our fax. The appointment was set up with in a month. The appointment is for 3 days and the last day you see Dr.Oro. Surgery was done within 6 weeks. His staff is wonderful and Dr.Oro is Great! The hospital stay was lights out because they see so many Chiari. patients in the ICU and in peds. We stayed at the Ronald McDonald house which is 2 miles away from hospital and staying there was a gift from God! Best of Luck!

3 days to call back, 3 weeks for appointment. They are wonderful! Be prepared for additional testing while you are there. Its set up on a campus so you can walk to other appointments. They will send you a packet of places to eat and stay in walking distance.
I just had my first appointment 2 weeks ago.
Going to schedule my surgery tomorrow. Good luck!

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but, I live in Colorado and I went to Dr. Oro and he is a wonderful person. I had my surgery in Oct 20th 2011 and it all went well. I had complications after and they pretty much told me their is nothing they can do for me and they just sent me to fin for myself. Also I took a questionnaire on my symptoms and that was also over looked. My chiari was causing me to have focal (meaning only a certain part of the body is having a seizure) and full body seizures and they just told me that a chiari would not do this to me and for the last 20years I was told by doctors that I am faking it and I should seek mental help. I have been seizure free for 2 years now. So when i told them that my seizures are gone they replied I knew the surgery would stop that. I would think if someone was experiencing odd symptoms why would they not want to study more and to learn what chiari really can do to people. Another thing my daughter was diagnosed with a 6mm chiari. She went back to Oro due to her headaches, they told her that she no longer has a chiari and that her being over weight was causing her problems. It's like "WHAT" I understand that don't want to operate on my daughter because she is still young (22 years) however, don't disregard her symptoms and tell her that she no longer has chiari. This was just my experiences, but, if you decide to go to Oro ask for Kimberly is she very nice. Diane is a little bit on the strict side of things. If you are traveling to another state look into the mayo clinic they are highly recommended for a lot of illnesses. I hope this helps and good luck

Thanks everyone! I sent my faxed on Thursday, still waiting to hear back. I am just to the point that I really want someone who knows a lot about Chiari to tell me once and for all if my symptoms are being caused by Chiari or something else. I have tried lots of medicines and nothing has helped. My NL even ordered an epidural blood patch because he thought I might have a spontaneous csf leak. Wrong.....now I have a stiff and sore lower back on top of the headaches.

I just want to know whats going on...... I'm sure you all know how I feel.

Scratch that…they just called. My appointment is is November 18-20.

Will Dr Oro see pre op chiari patients? Or U have to have had surgery…?

Ron Wagner said:

I had to send them a MRI reporting showing that I had chiari before they would book a appointment. The appt was four weeks later.

He has a rule that he will not see anyone unless it has been six months since their last surgery.

Can you please tell me what to expect with 3 day appointment with Doctor Oro, please..

Ron Wagner said: