Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)

All:

I have ACM Type II and had the cranial decompression and laminectomy in 2006. I have been doing very well with headaches still; however, since September 2014 I have had intense face/jaw pain. I have been seen by multiple dentists and neurologists and they seem to think I have TN. I have been trying to do some research to see if the Trigeminal Neuralgia is at all related to the ACM and have found a few articles somewhat supporting this connection. I thought I try this blog to see if anyone else has been diagnosed with TN or if this is something completely unrelated to my ACM. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Amber

Bro, I think you will find the TN community helpful. There is a link to it in the right hand column. About the Chiari connection, I'm interested to hear our members' experiences with TN.

Thank you...like with my ACM, I thought I was going crazy :)

Like Dancer says, the TN community is really great and there is a ton of good Information for newbies.

1 Like

I was dx with tgn before my chiari dx. Since my decompression I have had less flares of this. Also Lyrica does help a bit. I always thought my tgn pain was worse than my chiai pain.