Tens unit

HI GANG:

Just wanted to throw this out there...

Has anyone used a TENS UNIT before..if so..what was/is your experience??

I am thinking of renting one..the rehab doctor used it on my hand with the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and it did help...

Just wondering if anyone had used it for neck, back, head pain???

Love,

Lori

My chiropractor gave me a TENS unit for a problem that I was having with my back. I have had much success using it at the doctor's office, but I haven't tried it at home for Chiari type symptoms. Hmm, I think I am gonna try it out on my neck and see what happens.

-M

My own experience with the TENS unit was that it didn't help me much at all. I had a portable one that I used at home on my upper shoulder and neck area. I got it from my physical therapist. I was using it there and they wanted to see if it helped more if I used it more often. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me and actually made my nerve pain in my arms worse. I quit using it after a few days. I hope you have better luck!

Carla

This is what it looks like. The TENS unit uses electrical current to stimulate the nerves that are around the area that hurts. You stick it on, turn up the current, and keep it on for about 15 minutes.

Abby said:

Mary Martha,

How did it work?

mmpeanut said:

My chiropractor gave me a TENS unit for a problem that I was having with my back. I have had much success using it at the doctor's office, but I haven't tried it at home for Chiari type symptoms. Hmm, I think I am gonna try it out on my neck and see what happens.

-M

not yet but i have an appointment later this month to get either a TENS unit or something that sounds a whole lot like a TENS unit. I was told that i would have an electrode placed under my skin on the right n left side of my neck at the base of my skull with the main unit implanted under my skin on my shoulder blade. ill let everyone know how that goes.

Hey Mary....

Good luck with your appt...keep us posted.

I used one priror to decompression surgery. The PT actually tried it on my neck and it caused me to have uncontrollable muscle spasms in my face and arm. It was quite painful for days after and didn't give me any type of relief what so ever. I will probabally need to use one again now that I have had surgery and am having trouble with my right arm. Seems my trapezius muscle is weak and wasting away. I just hope if I do it will do what it is suppose to and not cause me any more pain. I don't think I could take it!

Blessing and Love,

Crystal

Hi....

I won't go on like i did on your pain management discussion!!LOL...Hopefully if you use the TENS now it may help.

Feel better soon.

Blessings,

Lori

Mary,

Have you decided to do that procedure? When are you going to have it done?

Crystal,

I hope TENS works for you this time. More pain, you definitely don't need!

Carla

Hi Carla! I meet with the neuro surgeon this Thursday. He and I will discuss my symptoms and see what the best move will be. I am going to make sure I ask him if he thinks it is necessary to do a spine MRI; so he can look for a syrinx. Quite honestly, I think the syrinx will be one of the deciding factors for me. As much as I don’t want the pain, I am not too keen on brain surgery…but on the flip side…I am not too keen on the symptoms I have possibly becoming worse…so to answer your question…I haven’t decided on anything…LOL.

Carla Jo Stone said:

Mary,

Have you decided to do that procedure? When are you going to have it done?

Crystal,

I hope TENS works for you this time. More pain, you definitely don't need!

Carla