Tattoos

Hey Group,

I was just wondering if anyone here has thought about or actually gone out and had a chiari related tattoo done?

I'm really tempted to get a zipper handle? I guess that's what you'd call it... inked at the bottom of my incision site... however, I worry that getting one there might cause an issue down the road if I were to need another surgery.

I'm considering getting a chiari related tattoo.. in the future (I'm way too poor right now) and I was just wondering if anyone had one, and if they wouldn't mind sharing why they choose that design and that spot on the body to have it etc.

I don't usually post much discussion about my decision process when I want to get inked, but this is probably going to be one of my most important tattoos (aside from the poppy I want to get for my family who fought in the World Wars) and I want to make sure I do it right. The zipper handle on the back of my neck is more on the joke-y side of things, but I really do want some sort of tattoo supporting what we go through every day.

Any thoughts, whether they are pro ink or con ink are welcome. :) I value the opinions of my chiari family.

It is kind of dumb ,but I have been thinking about a long bar code tattoo over the decompression scar. My scar has a good bit of Keloid tissue so it already kinda looks like a pinkish bar code on it's on.

Whoa!! I never thought of that! That sounds so cool!! My scar is just one big long line, it has some bumps on it but it’s not noticeable unless you are right up close… (side note I totally just spelled bumps as bumbs…hahaha I’m so awesome sometimes!)

If you get the barcode inked let me know, that sounds awesome. Would you include the little numbers too?

Not sure, would be neat to get a bar code that was functional and actually said something.

Oh for the little numbers you could use the date of your surgery(ies) or your birth date, or a combo of both? or if you were feeling sassy you could put a numeric value of what you think you are worth… like billions upon billions… or pick a random number like 97326458132. Haha. Sorry…I’m a total whackdot when I’m tired and thinking about tattoos.

(example: I just randomly thought how awesome it would be to get a tattoo of Gizmo from Gremlins 2 when he decks himself out in Rambo gear… hehe that would be amaze-balls)

I have my ankles done for the most part, on my right outside ankle I have a red eyed tree frog, and on all four ankles right above the ankle bone I have a black wing (I got those 3 months before my surgery just in case things went bad… had to make sure I got my wings) I’m hoping to add some colour to the wings one day.

I have plans for more tattoos but I’m just too poor at the moment.