Syringomyelia?

I’ve been diagnosed with chiari and I’m getting a full spine MRI and csf flow study in the morning. I’m scared and wondering if I have syringomyelia. The symptoms of that and chiari seem to be similar. What are the symptoms of chiar with and without syringomyelia?

You calling me twinsy has lifted my spirits enough to endure 1.5 hours in a small tube even with claustrophobia. I guess I should also tell you that I called my dr asking for a referral to dr Luciano after hearing of your positive experiences!

Will do! It’s at 7:45 so maybe with the towel over my head I can go back to sleep. I’m thinking about my song catalog…that would probably be every jill Scott cd recorded and the frozen soundtrack. I think I’ll go with jill.

I survived and you all were in my thoughts as I laid in there for an entire hour. Lol. Thank you for your support and information!

Thanks nykki. strange thing happened half way thru (after cervical and cfs and before thoracic) the tech asked me where I was diagnosed for chiari. I said well it was by a neurosurgeon at another hospital by images taken here. She asked if I’ve had “the neck surgery” for it. Of course I’m over analyzing her comments. maybe she’s not very knowledgeable about chiari.