Syringomyelia

Anyone familiar with this? I will know for sure on the 25th when I go back to my NS.

I just had my 3 MRIs today and being curious I looked at my CD. My NS mentioned a relation between Chiari and Syringomyelia. I strongly believe I have this. Care to look and let me know your opinions? Hopefully the attachment works.

464-MRI.docx (522 KB)

(not a doctor of any sort, take this with a grain of salt)

Totally looks like you have a syrinx. I'd bet money on it, actually. AGAIN< I'm not a doctor or radiologist. And my post is NOT medical advice of any kind.

You can do a google image search to see what it looks like on MRI, if that helps.You will see what to look for.

Just google: mri syringomyelia image

Cool images, nice brain! lol

lol, Thanks!

Yes, I did the google image and right away thought I had it too. Just posted here to see if others agreed.

Well, I agree with you. I was expecting an image with a barely there spot-- like when someone is trying to get pregnant and wants to know if anyone else sees the really faint line they think they see lol. I think yours is pretty obvious.

Obviously, I have an untrained eye so you will have to wait for your appt to find out. My money is on yes.

lol, Thanks!

Yes, I did the google image and right away thought I had it too. Just posted here to see if others agreed.

It sure looks like a syrinx. I have one from T5-T12 and it looks like that on my MRI's.