Symptom free!

Thanks for all of your support, prayers, and thoughts! I made it home from the hospital just in time for my birthday 11/25 from my surgery on 11/23!

Everything is going well! I do sleep away most of the day, and am constantly tired. Thank goodness I have cable TV. My mom and I have been spending a lot of time watching the Christmas specials!

It's been the most amazing feeling having my hands/feet be warm for the first time in years, no ear ringing, and no migraine headaches or vertigo! Only problem is just the pressure from my insicion, which I figured would happen. My neurosurgeon was very helpful, and stayed at the hospital until I came around to being normal, and briefed me on everything! He said as soon as he made the incision into the dura he would feel and see the pressure being released. He was glad we caught it when I did or I would have been in pretty bad shape very quickly! He even took pictures of my surgery to share with me, because he thought I would enjoy seeing it, and he was right! How intriguing to see my operation, and having him explain everything,

The procedure went well, now just waiting for the stitches to come out, and my energy level to return!

I never would have gotten through this as smoothly without all of your advise and kindness!

It feels great to be in the "Zipperhead" Club! :) God bless all of you!

1 Like

Wonderful News! Hope your recovery continues to be smooth.

Many Blessings!

Diana

Wooohooo!!! Glad you’re symptom
Free and doing well.

I joined the zipperhead club the day before you and am
Also glad I did!!!

Here’s to happy healing!!!

HI!!!!

I am so thrilled for you....now that you are on the road to recovery..listen to your body..rest when you need to, eat well drink a lot of water, move around gentle when you are up to it.

i am great at giving advice, if only i would take my own advice!!!LOL

keep us update.....thanks for posting .

peace,

lori

I'm so happy for you that you are feeling better. I hope you continue to improve. Just remember to not do too much and give your body time to recover....that's so important. Hugs. Shirley

Hi Katrina...

just checking to see how you are ....keep us posted....in thought and prayer.

Peace,

Lori

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement! I have been taking it very easy, lots of rest and fluids. I am trying to build up and save my energy for the holidays. It's hard to not try to do too much, but thankfully my body reminds me when I get close.

I am excited for tomorrow, my stitches come out, and I get to go home to my parent's house. After being inside my apartment building since the operation, I am ready for a change of scenery.

My pain is pretty well under control, just a lot of muscle spasms.

I hope all is well with each of you!

God bless!

Best wishes with your surgery, Sherry! I know positive experiences made me feel better about having my operation done. Let me know if I can help you in any way! Sending a lot of prayers and hugs your way!

Sherry said:

Congrats, Katrina! Glad it went so well, you are an inspiration! Love your positive attitude. I have my consultation next Thursday and they say they can get me in for surgery before the end of the month, so it's nice to hear good reports. Thanks!

Thanks, Shirley. That's always the trick, not to do too much. Take care!

Shirley C. said:

I'm so happy for you that you are feeling better. I hope you continue to improve. Just remember to not do too much and give your body time to recover....that's so important. Hugs. Shirley

Hey Lori!

So far so good! Everything is going very well! Thanks for checking up on me. I haven't been on the computer a lot. After the surgery my glasses don't help my eyes, they bother me worse which really surprised me.

I hope all is well for you!!

God bless!

Katrina

lori said:

Hi Katrina...

just checking to see how you are ....keep us posted....in thought and prayer.

Peace,

Lori

Thanks, Diana! God bless!

Diana Smirl said:

Wonderful News! Hope your recovery continues to be smooth.

Many Blessings!

Diana

I am so happy that you are doing so well! That is amazing and a very welcome story :) Continue to rest as much as you can so that you can get stronger and stronger each day. Listen to your body and be patient with yourself. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Carla

Congrats to you. Marly my baby is suffering we are hoping to get her in Thur. for her surgery. She's missed so much school already so it's time.

I hope you're able to get her in on Thursday. The surgery will do wonders for her as well! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers! God bless and best wishes!

Shama6568 said:

Congrats to you. Marly my baby is suffering we are hoping to get her in Thur. for her surgery. She's missed so much school already so it's time.

Carla,

Thanks! I am so grateful to have a positive story to tell! :) I am enjoying the rest. I am lucky to be able to have time to take off to fully recover. I hope everything is going well for you!

God bless!

Katrina

Carla Jo Stone said:

I am so happy that you are doing so well! That is amazing and a very welcome story :) Continue to rest as much as you can so that you can get stronger and stronger each day. Listen to your body and be patient with yourself. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Carla

Your family is entirely correct! Having family is around is much better than gifts, especially if you're feeling better! Happy early birthday! I hope you enjoy the holiday season! I'll keep you in my prayers!

God Bless!

Katrina

Sherry said:

Interestingly enough, my birthday is this month too-the 31st, so I hope I'll be here to celebrate that AND Christmas, but, as my family says, having me better IS their gift this year-mine too, I guess!=) Blessings for your recovery!