Swallow Timing Reflex off

Ok, so I went for my final test today before my follow up with my neuro next Tuesday. It was a modified barium swallow test because I have been having some trouble with choking. The speech pathologist said that during normal single swallows everything looks great but with multiple swallows my voice box is not moving up and pushing forward at the right time and fluid is not going straight down, some is being sent forward ontop of my voice box. She said that ths was not a structural issue rather a nerve issue. Has anyone else had this problem or anything similar???

I never had tests done for this but I find that I frequently choke on my saliva or what I'm drinking. It's worse on "bad head" days.

I find mine worse on bad days as well.

I've never thought about it but i have a tendency of it going down wrong tube

I choke frequently....It's very embarrassing, when you are with a group of people. They checked my swallowing before they sent me home after my decompression surgery, but it has gotten worse since then. I had never thought if it was worse on bad pain days....Thanks Susan, I will be watching for that.