Surgery

I will be having surgery February 20th. I’m getting nervous now that I have a date. I know everything will be fine and I have a lot of family support. I’m so glad that we have this support group. Thank you everyone for sharing your stories and discussions.

Thank you Beeba. He is a great husband and he will be there for me every step of the way.

Beeba said:

It will be fine. And good news so you can get things planned out for a smooth recovery. As for you husband - you say he is supportive? Loves you? Will do whatever it takes? Then what more does he really need to know? He is not doing surgery nor is he having surgery. We all want people to get all the info we have - I am not sure that can be gotten from a book. As long as he listens to you and is supportive there really is not much more he can do. I am sure he is scared and again (sorry to our male counter parts) can really be babies when it comes to us. In general we are usually the ones CallIng the shots so when we are down the machine doesn’t run as smooth. A basic understanding of what they are doing is sufficient. You make him watch some video and there will be a husband shaped cut out in your wall!! What specific questions do you have so HE will be ready and make things easier for you? Trust me he sees more than he will care to and sometimes it is better to play it out at the time. You will deal with what comes your way and so will he. Being over informed sometimes can have its own disadvantages. Lol. Best wishes to feeling better!!

I’m scheduled Feb 19 - nerves are starting to get to me! Best of luck. Know you are not alone!

Being scared and nervous is perfectly normal! If you weren’t, I’d be worried about you! Lol! Good luck to both of you having surgery this month. You will be in my prayers for a successful outcome and speedy recovery :slight_smile: