Sound sensitivy

Headaches and brain fog back again...

My hearing seams to be super sensitive and my boyfriend has some hearing loss. What the best way to block out the noise? The tv is making me crazy! I'm wearing earplugs but its not helping at all. Any suggestions are welcome!

Maybe put the tv on mute with closed captioning and just watch the words come across.

I actually don’t even watch it. I’m not a huge fan of TV anyway. He was just diagnosed with glaucoma and has bad vision anyway so we have a huge TV with surround sound. Its like a damn theatre in here sometimes!
I know he’s a bit hard of hearing but most of the time its not such an issue to me but today had been especially bad. I have been studdering and feel kind of lost again. By lost I mean foggy. My vision has been funky with the light lines (auras) too. Just a bad day and the sound seemed to be really putting me on edge. Just wasn’t sure if someone out there has any tricks for blocking out sound.
I use the standard drug store earplugs. Are there better ones?
Headache is pounding… like the back of my head wants to explode. Oh the joys of Chiari…

I’m not sure if this will help, but my daughter (who is 4 & has Chiari) uses noise cancelling headphones when she is struggling with noise sensitivity. I was able to find some really affordable ones ($6) at Harbor Freight. They seem to work well and help her.

I’ve been so out of sorts I hadent even thought of that! Today the headache is tremendous and I can head the fluid whooshing in my ears. Really antsy too. Its been awhile since its been this bad. Hopefully this will past faster than the 2 month headache I had last year…
Thank you for the tip!