Rehab Dr

Hi...I am headed to see the Rehab Dr. Physciatrist I know i spelled it wrong...He works with folks like us with balance issues, pain ect...he is actually addressing the Chiari now as well as RSD...which took a turn for the worse the other day.

Will keep ya posted.

Love to you all,

Lori

Lori,

I hope that this dr is able to help you. Please do keep us posted on this. It sounds exciting and different. Wouldn't it be great if it was simple as going to someone new to be treated and they actually helped us?!

Love,

Carla

Thanks guys....He was great, once again.....used a TENS Unit on my hand/arm....really seeemed to help...then he addressed the balance issue and insists on me getting a cane....pride/ego stands in my way right now...also, during one of the many falls..my shoulderblade, or should i say the muscles underneath the blade is contracted and needs to be stretch...He got under there and I felt a few times he lifted me right off the table!!! He said next time he would use lidocanine to numb it and " really stretch it'......I am very happy with him..

Thanks guys for alll your concern!!

Blessings,

Lori

Lori,

This sounds incredible! The stretching actually sounds wonderful to me even though I know it would hurt, I think it would really help. Maybe he is on to something and can help you with both pain and balance. Gosh, I hope so!! I will be praying for you. When do you see him again, soon?

Love you,

Carla

Yes..Carla and Abby....it did seem to help..both the TENS and the muscle stretching....I really hit the jackpot here with dr.'s...other than the silly ER doctors!!!! I am really considering renting the TENS UNIT...about 9 bucks a mth!!! not bad!!

The doc know how much is going on with me, my mom, hubby out of work..so , get this...he did not push me to make another appt.!!! He said "you call me if you need anything and i will try and squeeze you AND your mom in"....

Yeah , Carla, the stretching was something else..he got right under the blade and i felt like he lifted me off the table...I do not think I would trust a PT to do this...next time he will numb it!!!

Love to you all,

Lori

Lori,

He sounds like a good doctor as well as a caring person. That is really great. Wouldn't it be great if he could help your mom, too? Wow. Do you still have insurance with Michael being out of work? I know that adds a lot of stress on you. I am still praying that things get better so you have less stress. I know you will feel better physically with less stress.

Love you, girl,

Carla

Hi...

Carla, yes, thank God I have Medicare...pays 80% of most things...

Abby..thanks..I willl keep you all posted on the TENS , ect

Love ya's

Lori