Recovery

A friend is scheduled for surgery in a few weeks and the gravity of the situation is making her very anxious. Anyone have any comforting insight about the surgery I could share with her? Or was there something you had during your recovery period that made things much better? My main goal here is just to be comforting and supportive as possible, so if you've got anything I can use I truly, sincerely appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Brando,

What a great friend. The biggest thing is comfort and having people around to help. It's always good to have someone with you as much as possible in the hospital after such a difficult surgery. It's helpful to have someone to advocate for you when you are in pain and "out of it" from pain meds. Someone to make sure your needs are being met in a timely manner and someone to ask questions, adjust pillows, get water, help with food, hold a hand ect.. I would suggest lots of pillows for the ride home. Loose pj's and soft food like yogurt protein shakes ect.. She is already a huge step ahead having such a thoughtful caring friend to help her through it. Good Luck to both of you.

Thank you very much for your kind words and insight. I truly appreciate it and I know this help make her feel at least a little better about the whole situation.