Re:headaches still!

Hi there.
I had my surgery 8 weeks ago and im still very up and down.
I tend to wake up every morning with a headache and nausea. Am i doing something wrong?
Ive tried waking up during the night to take pain relief so im not running out, ive tried using no pillows, 1 pillow, lots of pillows, ive tried sleeping for short periods only, as i wondered if i was supine for long maybe that disrupts the CFS fluid or something?
My NS says my intercranial pressure is still high and he's not sure why, he wants to give it a chance to rectify itself before the possibility of more surgery.
the nausea/ vomiting seems to accompany the headaches, ive lost a lot of weight and im getting rather depressed now. I dont think the operation has worked, in that my symptoms are certainly no better but much worse. Id be happy just to get to where i was pre-op!
Also, bathing brings on a headche, as does brushing teeth and washing my hair, maybe the position changes? even a slight head tilt does it.
can any of you offer me some advise as to what i can do to help myself?
thanks in advacne
Claire

Hang in there! I know it’s hard to not get discouraged when you think you should be further along than you are, but it truly can take this long or longer for everything to even out. I don’t think there is anything wrong with being supine, I think that it helps. I know all NS are different, but I was instructed to lay flat for as long as I had a headache, and that was well over two months and I still lay flat when I get headache starting to creep back. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi

My daughter 21 had her decompression surgery in Jan 2013 and she had the same issues; She had a spinal leak so make sure you have a MRI so they can see if you have a spinal leak. Make sure your incision is not leaking either as that could be a sign of infection. Don't let the doctors tell you its part of the healing make sure you get a MRI go to the ER right away. The pressure being high is could be a sign of psodotumors so make sure they follow thru with a spinal tap and measure the pressure and beginning and closing... this is very important the pressure should go down.. My daughters took 3 months to go down. Unfortunately her recovery has been long..

Be cautious you know your body like no one else so listen to it.

Mother of Chiari Patient... Praying for everyone.... Lisa