Maybe csf leak or just overreacting

Had surgery 10/25/13 I now today was having terrible head and neck pain after waking up having breakfast, also a running nose more on the left side it feels. So I went back to bed and lying down seemed to decrease the headache and the nose has pretty much stopped. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience, thanks

I have heard of CSF leaking from the nose . There is ways you can test to see if its CSF. Call you doctor or surgeon who did your surgery to see what they want you to do about it.

I would call your NS. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but it never hurts to have an unusual symptom checked on! Keep us posted!

Thank you for your reply

Good advice, I hope you feel better soon. Are you resting most of your day?

Yes I lay around most of the day. My husband went back to work after the first week and I’m having a hard time getting around on my own I usually get a ride from my mom to her house but I hate being a burden and I want to be able to do more having a hard time dealing with the after surgery progress and maybe alittle sad that I’m not doing better.

Kate, I understand about being at home, alone, all day, feeling weird, not able to be productive in any way- then throw a bad pain day in. I got pretty depressed quite honestly. I would cry when my husband would leave the house. It’s not like your on this awesome staycation to get rested and rejuvenated. For me, it felt like I couldn’t appreciate resting because I had so much anxiety about all if the stuff I couldn’t do. It was hard for a while. You are still very new out of surgery, you shouldn’t be doing anything but resting, showering, and watching tv. It’s ok! Ask your mom to come get you, I really doubt she feels burdened, and she probably doesn’t really know how bad your feeling being stuck at home alone with nothing but your own disconnected thoughts (that’s how felt anyway). Also, I had a period of a week or two with Kind of a bad headache that would go away if I drank caffein. Then just gone one day. Keep an eye out for sure for CSf leak symptoms, but give it a little time and see if your headache changes or goes away. If not call your NS.

Jenn

I would defiantly. All your 's I had a leak after surgery and it sucked. Hope u feel better