Update on my surgery June 2nd!

My surgery went well! It took 5 hours! I will update more as soon as im up to it. My pain level didnt go over a 5 which was good. Thank for all your suppoort everyone take care!

Lucky you !!! My surgery ended with a csf leak and it was like 7/8 hours I am so glad you are doing well… How’s your nausea

Great to hear, Lili! I hope you have a smooth recovery. Keep us posted.

Hi Shellybelly! Oh I’m sorry to hear about your csf leak did they get it to stop or do they think it will heal up on its own? I did have nausea but it wasn’t until about 2 hrs after surgery. By then I had water and orange jello so I just threw up without moving my neck or jolting forward I tried to stay still the best I could which was challenging. They got it under control pretty fast. It went from feeling nausia coming on to throwing up quickly I had no time to even think about it. I was back in the OR for 6 and half hours total my prep while in the OR took an hour and a half. I did get nauseous everyday though and they started using a mix of a couple diff meds and that seemed to work. I got discharged yesterday but stayed in a hotel last night by the hospital since we live and hour and half away. Whew i have never been so nervous on a car ride the thought of getting bumped terrified me. I’m home now which feels really god but I’m taking it easy. I go to the restroom then back on the couch. Are you home Shellybelly0930? I have to stay on my pain meds and my muscle relaxers I don’t like how they make me feel but they are necessary now. I hope you a speedy recovery and thank you to everyone who said kind words take care!

I came home today they got the leak under control while I was still opened up, but in starting to think I have one because I have clear coming out of my ear

Whew here is another night they are so bad for me. Almost every time I try and sleep this weird thing happens to were I have some type of a terrible night mare it’s got something to do with the surgery area. Last night I woke up right after I fell asleep because I dreamed that birds were attacking my head and neck I actually jumped an tried to cover my head and made myself extra sore. Its so weird I’m nervous to sleep I get absolutely terrified and worked up for hours. Other times I wake up like I’m gasping for air. Not sure why this keeps happening to me? I’m also really store and stiff I’m sure that’s to be expected. I’m also really sore in lots of different areas of my body like my arms and under my bottom and front of my head too. Must be from being strapped down I’m the prone position. I get up and use the rest room but haven’t done much walking since I’ve been home. PT at the hospital said I should walk a little every hour now? I guess I may try a block or half a block tomorrow and see how that goes. Beeba yes the nausea was terrible I threw up a lot twice but the meds ended up taking the edge off once they figured the right mix 4 me. Thanks about letting me know what to lift I was trying to remember how much was ok. Shellybelle0930 you better contact your NS if you have clear fluid coming out of your ear if you already haven’t. I’m glad to hear your pain level has went down a lot! I’m also taking muscle relaxers every 8 hours it helps with the neck stiffness some. Make sure you lay down and relax I will be checking in again take care!

Hey Nykki! I wonder if that’s what it is I dread the night time and I keep waking up. It was a little better last night as far as waking up having terrors but I did wake up a lot. I’m going to tell my NS about it I go back on the 17th this month to get my staples out. Thanks for that I believe that you could be right I didn’t think of that. I do have anxiety but I have never had this before like this to the extreme. How are you doing Nykki?