Question

Good morning to everyone, I just wanted to ask a question to see if anyone else have experienced this as well. I have been having issues with I guess muscle spasms in my hands and feet. This was one of the issues that I was having before I had my first surgery back on July 12, 2013 with my right side, well now its back and it is happening in my hands and feet this time around. Mainly my right foot will contract and spasm so tight that I have no control over it what so ever until it decides it wants to relax itself. My toes will overlap one another all towards the right so its looks as if someone is bending my toes to the right and it is very painful until it relaxes. My hands don't have very many spasms but my joints in my fingers are very painful. I also have pain in my neck and shoulder area also in my lower back and every now and then I will have this jolt of pain to my right lower back just above my backside that will shoot up and down my entire right side. I have done tremendously well since my second surgery in September in of 2013 and was just wondering is this something that I should be concerned about.

Thank you for the reply Nykki, I do remember my NS saying something about Sciatica once before and put me on Medrol a steroid pack for that an for degenerative disk disease. I have fibromyalgia as well, good luck with your NS appointment next month, I have an awesome NS here in Charlotte NC but I am always afraid to call him because I am so terrified of the Surgeon part of his title and I haven't had to speak to him since January, I was thinking I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of my first surgery and I hope things are not about to go back to how they were before.

I was once on Lyrica and it help a lot but now I am on Gabapentin generic for Neurontin which helps me a lot better not only physically but financially because it is ALOT cheaper. I can understand how you feel because I suffered myself for well over 20 years and I call my GP my guardian angel because if it had not been for her I think I would not be able to walk right about now, I had an MRI by a previous doctor 18 months prior to switching to her and the previous doctor sent me out for an MRI and the Chiari was showing then on the images but he never told me and just so happen last year in May at work I became completely numb on my right side and my face was lopped sided as if I had a stroke and my work was just up the street 2 minutes from my doctors office, she sent me for another MRI and called saying I still have Chiari Malformation, I had never heard of it before that day and I got worse from there, it all went so fast. I was in with the Neurologist in June he sent me to the Neurosurgeon and July 12 I had my first surgery.

Nykki said:

One of the NL said that she thinks that I have fibromyalgia, I thought I had RA because I have a daughter that has RA. She prescribed the generic version of Cymbalta, but medicaid denied payment. So now I have to wait on appeal. I see a rheumatologist on 7/22. Lately, I have been having a lot of numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. I know I need the surgery because I don't need to get any worse. It just sucks because I have dealt with this for over 20 years which means that a lot of damage has been done.

What do you take for fibromyalgia and does the medicine work?