Pressure

Do any of you guys have non stop pressure in back of head and neck. my neck always pops when I turn my head the tension is terrible I have had these problems for 8months straight seems like the same before and after surgery. I also am unable to sleep it has caused. So much depression that I’m not sure what to do at this point living in complete misery any one relate or know what to do from here?

Will,

I don't know about the popping I've never had that. Some medication cause depression and the feeling of hopelessness. I have that problem alot. I have to be very careful what meds I take because of it. It's happened with at least 4 different meds with me. They start out okay and than a few weeks and maybe a month in I start worrying more than usuall my insomnia gets alot worse then the pain is worse cause I can't sleep and it's a snowball effect and next thing I know I am thinking that everything is hopeless. It happened with Neurotin and a few others. My PC thinks that maybe because of the brain issues that the chiari causes makes me more sensitive to the negative brain chemestry side effects of some of these meds. Also pain makes you depressed sometimes and there is an insomnia component of Chiari. I have done everything short of meds trying to get over it and I still struggle to sleep well. I would definitely talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. If need be they can help you with an anti depresant for a short while to get you over the hump. What ever you do don't suffer in silence. There are people that you can reach out to on here that know what you are going through and I am sure there are people in your life that you can open up to. I check my emails alot if you ever need someone to talk to leave me a message on my page and I wil get back to you as soon as I check them. Sending you prayer sand healing energy. I hope that you are okay Will.

Wendy