Post op with small children

So yesterday I had an mri to determine if my chari has progressed and also to do a flow check. My regular dr. reasuted me its a very simple surgery which helped but then looking through this forum has me nervous again. so im wondering if anyone here has done the decompression surgery with small children? I havr a 2 month old, 17 month old and a 3 yr old. Part of me just wants to wait and do the surgery till yhey are a little older since I just read I cant lift anything for 3 months, im also a stay ay home mom. Then also, we arent near any specalist but my dr. reasured me that yhe nueroligist wouldnt do yhe surgery if he wadnt confident. also, im so worried about yhe related conditions and if my nuerologist will pass it off as nothing. also gettong nervous because I seem to be getting a run around with my nuerologist office. Sorry for the rany but im so freaked out lately and I just need some advise!

Yes im very busy, especially since they are all boys, but luckly only 2 in diapers! But I do have a great support system, my husband is my rock and his employers are aware of my condition and said he can take as much time off he needs and my inlaws have offered to help.put as much as needed im but im really hoping and praying im feeling.better sooner rather than later.

But.i should of made.it clearer, but my regular dr. Was who.said it was a simple surgery, but he actually didnt have much idea of it and he refered me to a neurologist. We are meeting on wednesday and will find out more. But i most definitely will get a second opinion if need be! But im very curious about the related conditons! What are they, who do they effect surgery, and how do they test for them? Also Mandy, when did you have your surgery and how did you juggle recovery and your children and what were your symptoms and have they disappeared after surgery? Sorry, I just have so many questions!!!

See.thats my biggest fear, that ill just jump into surgery and it be unsuccessful or I get worse. Part.of.me wants to do it, just to have relief and.to.live a normal life, but then the.other part.if me says maybe i can juat tolerate the symptoms cauae im so scared for the outcome of.surgery. I have 3 kids to.care for!

But i was diagnosed.in December of 2012 and found out we were expecting in January which put surgery on hold. Well i.felt great through my.pregnancy, even after I had my son so I figured surgery could wait till my.kids were a little older since symptoms were minimal. Two weeks ago my blurred vision.has gotten worse. I cant seem to find much relief from it.Having memory problems and trouble comprehending things. I know also started getting a dull headache in yhe back.of.my head and sinus pressure. The brain dog.is the worst. Niw ive also started feeling weak muscled which new! But it all startes after I had an iud put in. Had that.for a week before i had it removed from crazy moods swings and making my charu symptoms.worse. Now ive just found out I have post partum depression

Sorry to ramble but its been a rollercoaster thar last 2 weeks. So have you been tested for all tge related conditions and do you have eds?

I really feel for you...and do rem. how stressful this part of the decision process is. I am a mother of four (two years, four years, six years, and 13 years old); over the summer I had decided to have the decompression surgery due to my symptoms being symptomatic and progressive. The surgery was scheduled for June 15th, but due to having a severe migraine one evening (while home alone with my little ones) I was unable to distinguish their red, blue, yellow, green crayons, etc. I called the neurosurgeon's office, and my surgery had to get moved up to the 4th due to being high risk of having a stroke. This was a very scary thing being alone with my children, knowing that something was definitely wrong with me, and feeling as sick as I was at the time. After the surgery, the recovery period was difficult because I wasn't able to dress myself, take a shower by myself, or even put my shoes on for about a week and a half. I also haven't been able to pick my kids up since the surgery--which is very sad. My children know I can however sit down with them on the couch and they can climb on my lap for some extra love and attention. They are okay with this; as my six year old told me this evening that he was just happy that his mommy is still here. As a mother--my heart truly breaks for you at this time, but please don't put the decision off due to being afraid. Look at the entire situation as a whole, in my situation I didn't find out about my condition until I had a syrinx, having surgery was inevitable. Ask lots of questions, so you can make an informed decision, if you decide the surgery is right for you, don't wait around like I did...it only complicates things, and makes things harder for you in the long run. If you decide you don't need the surgery yet, just keep an eye on your symptoms and continue to have check ups with you neurosurgeon. Prayers to you and your family!!