Popping, Pain, and sleep

Call me stubborn and what else but Chrissy want to take me to the local ER cause of increased pain in my neck. Here is what I believe caused it and it is continuing to do the same causing more pain that the meds are barley touching...

Last night, I was sleeping and woke up due to pain and as I raised my head off of my pillow my neck popped (hard and it really hurt, kinda like the sound when you crack your knuckles). It has done this with minor cracks/pops throughout the day so far usually when I turn or raise my head. I am compensating by turning my body instead of my head.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Could it be a result due the fusion too back in March and the decompression? I really don't want to go to the local ER cause they do not understand CM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My NS told me to turn my head to each corner of the room when every commercial came on TV. That was the only PT he recommended. I have total motion. My neck just popped loudly when I moved my head. Call the Dr. on call for your NS. He will tell you if you need to go to the ER or not.

I am glad you are posting....Feel Better Soon !!!

called NS. Spoke with PA said it was normal and probably from fluid build up. PA also stated that they will look more into at our next appointment. Glad to hear it is "normal" what ever that is.

It's hard to offend us....I am very happy you feel good enough to joke around Becki !!!!

Hi...

How are you feeling today??

So glad you're on the mend Michael. I hope each day it gets a little better. Happy to have you back on the site too.

Wendy

Oh geez. I just got it. I had to read it three times. Visual issues here too. Too funny!!

Emmaline said:

Haha! I've done that a few times myself....Still with the visual issues.....:)

Becki Bowling said:

I hope no one is offended but when I read the caption to this discussion I thought it said "Pooping pain & sleep" ..... each surgery does bring some pooping pain or lack there of lol

Michael, I'm with Becki, I hope I didn't offend by laughing at the comments, but it is good medicine. On a serious note though, I think the best advice would be just to follow your gut feeling. No one can know how you feel better than you. of course listen to those who have been in similar circumstances, but ultimately you know what is best for you. Trust it.

laughter is just what the doctor ordered. I use humor alot to help me get through the really rough days and well just about any day. If it makes you laugh then it will probably make someone else laugh including me. No harm, no foul, no offense taken (and trust me it takes quite alot to even begin to offend me) :)