Pins and Needles

Hello, does anyone get feelings of pins and needles? I get them all over my legs and back.

Also, does anyone get random twitches?

If so, what has worked for you? Did the decompression, if you had one, help?

Thanks!

Hello I would get terrible pins and needles in my feet lower legs, just had surgery don’t want to jinx it but no more tingling. Some medications can also have that symtom.

Thanks for your reply! It's so aggravating to feel pins and needles. Today I also began to feel some muscles randomly twitch. Did that happen to you? The weirdest thing is I get no headaches.

Also, did you do a Cine Flow MRI before your surgery? I'm trying to do that soon.

Take care!

Kate said:

Hello I would get terrible pins and needles in my feet lower legs, just had surgery don't want to jinx it but no more tingling. Some medications can also have that symtom.

84, I had the pins and needles in my arm which was greatly helped with the decompression. The random twitching started after the surgery. It’s almost like a tick- I can feel it coming on, my legs kicks out, them I’m fine. I think I have an instability that still needs to be fixed- I’m blaming all of my post op symptoms on that, cause as far as I know my brain has been fixed.

Jenn

Thanks for your answer, Jenn! Did you have a Cine MRI before your surgery? I'm trying to do that soon.

jcdemar said:

84, I had the pins and needles in my arm which was greatly helped with the decompression. The random twitching started after the surgery. It's almost like a tick- I can feel it coming on, my legs kicks out, them I'm fine. I think I have an instability that still needs to be fixed- I'm blaming all of my post op symptoms on that, cause as far as I know my brain has been fixed.

Jenn

Yes, I had a cine during my consultation with the surgeon. It didn’t show significant blockage, but so glad I had the surgery!

What was your recovery like?

Hi! My twitching prior to surgery was the thing that led me to my diagnosis, not headaches. I had horrible pins and needles in my right foot for a long time until the twitching started which caused my toes to move and point to the ground one at a time. It started doing it constantly, like for hours every night. I was told it was because of nerve damage and needed the surgery to stop it from progressing. I had surgery 2 years ago. For the first year, my toe moved like 3 times total. No pins and needles. It is happening a few times a week now and I'm starting to have pain and pins and needles on my left side now. My surgeon said it could possibly be from scar tissue forming causing pressure again. I see my neurologist next week to be checked for further nerve damage before I decide if I want to be opened back up. So yes, pins and needles and twitching is part of Chiari, for me anyway. It is what led me down the path to diagnosis. I did not know I had headaches until they were gone after surgery. That sounds silly but I guess I never knew what a head not under pressure should feel like. Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

Thanks for your answer! Did you have a Cine MRI before? If so, what did it show? I am awaiting a referral for one.

TRod20 said:

Hi! My twitching prior to surgery was the thing that led me to my diagnosis, not headaches. I had horrible pins and needles in my right foot for a long time until the twitching started which caused my toes to move and point to the ground one at a time. It started doing it constantly, like for hours every night. I was told it was because of nerve damage and needed the surgery to stop it from progressing. I had surgery 2 years ago. For the first year, my toe moved like 3 times total. No pins and needles. It is happening a few times a week now and I'm starting to have pain and pins and needles on my left side now. My surgeon said it could possibly be from scar tissue forming causing pressure again. I see my neurologist next week to be checked for further nerve damage before I decide if I want to be opened back up. So yes, pins and needles and twitching is part of Chiari, for me anyway. It is what led me down the path to diagnosis. I did not know I had headaches until they were gone after surgery. That sounds silly but I guess I never knew what a head not under pressure should feel like. Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

No, I have never have a cine MRI. I hope your referral comes soon. Good luck with everything!

chiari84 said:

Thanks for your answer! Did you have a Cine MRI before? If so, what did it show? I am awaiting a referral for one.

TRod20 said: