Official!

I am now officially CHIARI certified!

And, to be honest... I am RELIEVED!! I know that may sound weird and warped, but I have been living with these symptoms for SOOO long, that it is so reassuring to finally have a diagnosis to put to them!

Now I know it is not "all in my head", it is all in my MASSIVE BRAIN!! hehe

Faifee,

I felt the same way after years of being told I was lazy, crazy, sad, hypercondriac ect... At least then I knew. I also had these Ah Ha moments over the years relising that things that had happened to me growing up was because of Chiari. I am reluctant to say congratulations but you can take comfort in the fact that your brain is too big to contain! Remember it's not all in your head it's in your spine also. LOL

Wendy

I know what you mean - I was mis-diagnosed for 20 years so there is some comfort in knowing what you have even if you don't want to have it. Knowledge is power my friend. Get a plan of care that works for you...my family always said my brain was too big, now I tell them they were absolutely correct!

I felt the same way. Just excited to have answers to my symptoms and know that I'm not crazy. I was really started to wonder.

Of course now I'm struggling to find the right doctor. I've had several doctors tell me that my classic chiari symptoms are not caused by chiari and that chiari has no symptoms. I suggest skipping right over any NL and trying to get in with a NS who specializes in chiari.

Always nice to know you're not crazy. You get told so much, you start to believe it!

Yes! Congratulations! It's not weird at all. I am praying for a diagnosis and to know what the next steps are to get back to my "real" life.

I'm glad you finally got your diagnosis!!

Katrina W.