New to the group

Hello! I am new to the group, I am 31 years old with 4 beautiful, wild little boys and I just found out I’m pregnant with another! Over the past few months I’ve had some pain in my left shoulder radiating to my chest,I associated it with a nasty fall I had at the beginning of the year. I was referred to my orthopedic surgeon who completed an MRI. The MRI was completed on my neck & shoulder and didn’t include the “area” of pain we discussed which is considered closer to the spine. (I didn’t know this until after) My results were inconclusive on my should however, the radiologist did note possible mild tonsillary ectopia. It was recommended to see a neurologist and that was it. I have been trying to get into Cedar Sinai’s neurological center, which is a wonderful hospital here in So. California but so far they haven’t approved it based on my orthopedic Surgeons notes! And now I’m pregnant, I still have horrible shoulder/muscle pain and have read quite a few horror stories with Chiari during pregnancy. I came here to review In hopes for leads of other Doctors in S. California and to connect with others who have had children with Chiari.

Hi, Domesticdivaof4! I'm glad you joined us! I can't imagine what you're going through, finding out this while being pregnant, but I know being among people who can relate and give support, really helps. I hope you find valuable information and answers to your questions here.

Best wishes to you, your unborn baby and the rest of your family, Kristine.

Hello Domesticdivaof4, wow, four boys. I take my hat off to you, bet they keep you on your toes :-).

If you haven't yet discovered our recommended Doctor's List then HERE is the link. We have had several discussions come up on pregnancy and if you'd like to look back through them there is a site search facility at the top right of the page.

Good to have you join us.

Here is a link to a search of past discussions on pregnancy: http://www.chiarisupport.org/main/search/search?q=pregnancy

Hope this is helpful.