I'm New Here :(

Hey everyone! I'm new here and still in shock! I recieved my mri results on Friday the 13th, which was three days ago now. I'm sure you all can sympathize, but I am so lost, confused, and scared. I am 29, married, and the mother of a two year old boy. It breaks my heart to think of the things I might not be able to do with my son now. Also, I returned to school to become a PE/Health teacher, but now feel like this is not the best career for me. I am awaiting a neuro appointment. But from everything I've heard, I'm not expecting great things. Where can I find the list of doctors who are chiari friendly?

Thanks to you all for being here. Reading your posts is scary, but comforting at the same time.

Welcome! You have found a good site for support. I agree with Abby educate yourself about Chairi.

I would like to address your comment about not being able to do thing with your son. Dr Oro did my PFD surgery last Sept and I feel better than I have in years. I have since been released to do anything I feel like except contact sports and fast roller coasters.

Hang in there and don’t be scared of all the horror stories you read because there are some of us who have had a wonderful surgery experience.

Blessings,

Diana

Thank you both! I think I am having trouble thinking clearly, because I am having trouble finding a list of doctors under the resources site. Could either of you tell me which link?

Also, my mri was only of my cervical. Should I request a full spinal mri? If my neuro doesn't do this is I would think I should find another doctor.

It's not under Resources (yet) here is a link to get you there:

http://www.chiarisupport.org/forum/categories/recommend-a-doctor-therapist-or-clinic-positive-review-only/listForCategory

-Alicia

lazy_kat said:

Thank you both! I think I am having trouble thinking clearly, because I am having trouble finding a list of doctors under the resources site. Could either of you tell me which link?

Also, my mri was only of my cervical. Should I request a full spinal mri? If my neuro doesn't do this is I would think I should find another doctor.