More Confused After Appointment with NeuroSurgeon

Tripp had his first appointment with the neurosurgeon today and I'm even more confused than before. We have to go back on May 17th for another MRI because the doctor wants to see how his spine and spinal fluid look before he decides on the best treatment. Is this normal? I guess I thought/hoped we would have all of the answers today. There is so much information out there and the more I read the more overwhelmed I become. I am also wondering if the compression will get worse as my son grows? Looking at the MRI images I just don't see how it can't get worse. If anyone has any advice or info I would really appreciate it!

I understand how this all can get very overwhelming. As I understand, you are somewhat suddenly getting a lot of info you are not used to. This can make things difficult. You need to give yourself some time to process it all.

As for the doctor- I think you are in good hands with him. The fact is, he hasn't just dismissed the Chiari and he isn't rushing for the surgery. In my opinion this is very good, because he wants to be confident about your sons condition and the apropriate treatment. I'm sure your son will be in good hands with this doctor. Despite all that, if you are not convinced by him, you always have the right for 2nd or 3rd, or even 10th opinion.

Best wishes,

Kristine

Thank you so much! That does make me feel better!

Fugu said:

I understand how this all can get very overwhelming. As I understand, you are somewhat suddenly getting a lot of info you are not used to. This can make things difficult. You need to give yourself some time to process it all.

As for the doctor- I think you are in good hands with him. The fact is, he hasn't just dismissed the Chiari and he isn't rushing for the surgery. In my opinion this is very good, because he wants to be confident about your sons condition and the apropriate treatment. I'm sure your son will be in good hands with this doctor. Despite all that, if you are not convinced by him, you always have the right for 2nd or 3rd, or even 10th opinion.

Best wishes,

Kristine