Lots of questions?

Hello there I am new to all this and have lots of questions? My son which just turn 7 was diagnosed 2 years ago with Chiari but was told that it was nothing to worry about. However, we kept having issues and getting no where so we took him to Cincinnati Children's Hospital to get a second opinion. They completed in MRI last week and told us that 2 years ago it was measured at 12 milimeters and now it is at 16 milimeters which means nothing to me at all! They only told me that they are sending us to a neurosuregon that can answer alot of our questions but the soonest they could get us in was Aug. 22 that is a long time for this mama to wait LOL! Now if they are sending us to a surgeon does this mean that they will do surgery or just to let us know more about it? We know nothing just what i am reading off line! I have not slept much since we got the news just worried about all this! He also has what is called Hemiplegic migraines (paralyzing of the brain) and goes numb on the left side of his body but his last episode last longer then normal (4days) they seem to think that that was more from pressure caused by the chiari! Any thoughts???

Defintely get him to a neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon will ask to see previous MRI and determine surgery. Do not give up. I was diagnosed in 2006 but did not have surgery till 2008. I was told when I was diagnosed the doctor should had performed surgery. I apologize I do not know what the measurements mean as far as it being good or bad.

Thanks well I asked that and they said that he had dropped and was closer to the spinal cord!