Hi all :)

Hi everyone my name is Lindsay. I am new here. I have had severe headaches since my first pregnancy ( about 10 years ) and they get worse and better but never go away. I have been through several doctors and a lot of grief to get to where I am which right now isn't very far. I know I have a Chari Malformation I have no idea of the size and the doctors are running me all over trying to get my pain and symptoms under control. I also have a few other medical conditions which make things hard the biggest is a pacemaker for long QT which rules right out an MRI.

I have a beautiful daughter whose my world. Shes the most wonderful an amazing little person I have ever met. :)

Hi Lindsay, welcome to the support group. I’m Kelly, I can totally relate to what you are going through. It took a really long time for me to finally get diagnosed with chiari. I started having symptoms after my second child was born. My theory is that the symptoms may have been triggered from having an epidural. I didn’t have one with my first child and I was fine. I could be wrong, but I have read that having a spinal tap could trigger symptoms. I did get decompression surgery in 2011, but I still have a lot of symptoms. I haven’t been able to work since the beginning of 2011. I also have been unable to get approved for disability. I just take it day by day. I do get really frustrated at times, because it can get really hard feeling horrible all the time. I hope your doctors can get your pain under control. I just want to let you know that joining this support group has been a blessing for me. I have learned so much and I don’t feel like I’m the only one going through this. I hope you enjoy being a part of the support group as much as I do.

Kelly :slight_smile: