Nerve pain in thight after decompresion surgery

Good Evenning Everyone,

Hope all is well & low pain in your world!

I'm 2 1/2 months post-op and can not get rid of the nerve pain in my left thigh since my surgery. Dr. B started me on neurotin last month but it seems to have gotten worse, to the point of walking is painful.

Has anyone experienced this & how long did it take to get better? He's says it's cause I was in surgery for 7 hours laying in the same postion and that does make sense I just thought it would get better not worse.

I'm seeing my PCP next week so she can report to him as I am 9 hours away. I'm using my spinal cord stimulator but even that is noy helping. I NEED SLEEP!! :-)

My headaches have almost diminished & I can swallowing without the razor blade feeling so I am progressing nicely. I just wish the leg issue would dissapear.

Thanks for any help & suggestions.

Beth

I literally JUST posted the same thing!! I am 4 wks. post-op and have been experiencing the same pain since Thursday!! I just put a call into the after hrs. I want to make sure its not a freak blood clot or something.

Let's keep each other posted! I can't even stand a shower or clothing on that leg... good thing I don't have to mix with the public too much! lol

My dr. called in a steroid pack to help relieve the pain and the nurse called me at home this morning BEFORE the office opened and stated they are scheduling an ultrasound of my leg. I explained that I'm a teacher and there is no way I could go back next school yr. and sit/stand with that much pain and I wasn't going to live with it. I have NEVER had leg pains ever.

Beth Radigan said:

Let's keep each other posted! I can't even stand a shower or clothing on that leg... good thing I don't have to mix with the public too much! lol

I will but this has been going on since I woke up from surgery and continues to get worse. No issues before surgery.

They think it's because I was on my stomach for 7 hours. I'm waiting to get in with my Neurologist.