Leg pain after surgery

I'm a week out of surgery. About the fourth day out, I started having pains in both my legs at the joints where the leg meets my butt and also bending at the knee. I called the doctor's office and they understood that I wanted more/stronger pain meds. I clarified that I am not after either, that I'm worried about the strange pains that I've never had before and I'm wondering what could be causing it. They scheduled me an appointment on the 24th to talk to the doctor and to get the stitches out. I'm wondering if any of you all have experienced this. If so, what was the cause? what helped?

Thanks guys,

love ya!

Hi There...

You were smart to call the NS....it is good to keep him updated on how your symptoms are..IMHO

My own experience was that after surgery I had symptoms I never had before!!! But thank God my NS explain to me that this is normal and that his thought on it was..Basically , it is the body/brain response to the new flow of CSF..since it had been goofed up for so long...it will take some time to "re-calibrate"..

He told me in the meantime to treat the symptoms..mine was a lot of dizzienss...so I used a cane and went very slowly while walking...

Maybe a nice soak in the tub with Ebsom salts may ease your leg pain.

let us know how you are feeling...take it easy...you are still a fresh post op!!!

Love,

Lori

I am 4 years post op and just started having new symptoms so I defintely can relate. Be sure to let them know what it going on.