8 weeks post op

Good Evening Everyone,

I just wanted to update my status since my decompression on 1/30/13.Chiair Headaches are gone, just pressure and that depends on the weather and how much I over do it.I try to remember its only been a few weeks but I have a good day& try to do too much and pay for it for a few days. But I would so do this surgery again.

My only new issue is nerve pain in my left thigh but my surgery lasted 7 hours so I guess I understand how that could happen. Dr. B wants me to start neurotin but I'm on the fence about taking this. My body has finally gotten all the drugs out of my system but this pain has gotten unbareable so I guess I'll put on my big girl pantires on & deal with it!! :-)

I am amazed at how well I feel since the surgery & pray that continues. I say THANK-YOU to all who have helped me in any way & to wish everyone a Blessed Easter and a pain free weekend!

Take Care.

Beth Radigan

That’s great news! I wish you the best luck with your remaining symptoms. I am about 6 weeks post op and still waiting for the headache to disappear. Just this last week I have some huge improvements with the pain level, thank goodness cause i was starting to wonder if the srgery was going to work. Was your headache gone right after surgery or did it gradually get better? How long did it take? Happy for you! Ps have you gone back to work?

Thank you for this GREAT NEWS!!! Be sure to rest when you need to ..keep us posted!!!

Thanks for giving us an updated. Glad to hear you are making good progress.

It took some time for the headaches to disappear, about 3 weeks. It is kind of weird to wake up w/o a headache. It;s more pressure on my right side plus my allergies are acting up but I can truly say that the pain in my neck/back of skull is gone.

luckily I am a stay at home mom and Meghan is 12! I can't imagine how some of you with younger children deal with the pain as well as running after them. God Bless You! :-)

Dr. B did say it will take up to year to see if the surgery was a success but I believe the miracle has already started and will continue to get beteter!

Hi Beth,

Were your headaches serve? Tomorrow will be one week that I had surgery and I am experiencing severe headaches. It feels like my head is about to explode. My meds is not working for the headaches. I will call my NS tomorrow and hope that he can give me something to deal with the pain. The only relief I get is when I put ice on it, and lying down still.

Beth Radigan said:

It took some time for the headaches to disappear, about 3 weeks. It is kind of weird to wake up w/o a headache. It;s more pressure on my right side plus my allergies are acting up but I can truly say that the pain in my neck/back of skull is gone.

luckily I am a stay at home mom and Meghan is 12! I can't imagine how some of you with younger children deal with the pain as well as running after them. God Bless You! :-)

Dr. B did say it will take up to year to see if the surgery was a success but I believe the miracle has already started and will continue to get beteter!

TeJa, yes they were sever but my medication helped. I was taking Valium/Morphine. What are you taking? The neck pillow you use on a plane helped and doing my neck exercises/stretches.. I hope your doctor has called in something for you & that is starts working soon.

The one thing I can tell you, is be paitent, listen to your body, and REST!