Nerve Block didn't work.. :(

Had my nerve block today and the only thing it fixed was my headache behind my eyes. Which was something I could deal with...
It didn't fix the stabbing neck pain at all.. :(
Super sad. Wished it worked and he said that it should be instant.

The nerve block didn't hurt AT all. I didn't even feel it. I think the stabbing neck pain cancelled it out.
Now I have swelling in my face and super dizzy. But that's okay! They said it should be better by tomorrow! (:

Has any of you had this result?
The guy that did my nerve block said then my neck pain isn't a "headache" kind of pain. It's something deeper.

was your nerve block an occipital, cervical or something else. I've had three cervicals....the 1st one helped relieve pain for about ten days, the 2nd one last about two months, and the last one didn't help at all, seemed to have made the neck pain and headache worse.....all three injections were prior to C1M diagnosis....... I go this Thursday for a bilateral occipital nerve block, because the neurologist i just went to has totally dismissed the C1M & C3-C7 spinal compression with CSF Flow Study recommendations.....and will only refer me to a neurosurgeon AFTER i try the bilateral occipital nerve block,

Hi Sydney,

The Occipital Nerve Block would take care of the pain behind your eyes. You also have a syrinx correct???? That could be causing your neck pain and you may have a pinched nerve or herniated disc. C Spine problems are very painful. Does it say anything about your C Spine on your last MRI? I know this is very bad for you.I am glad it helped your eye pain and pressure. I told you I felt drunk after my Major Occipital Nerve Blocks.

I Hope you feel better...I truly understand Chronic Pain from Spine issues.

TracyZ.