Need help fast

So my daughter was admitted last night to hosp for pain in arm,leg,shoulder,neck. She said it was shooting down her extremity. They want to put her on amitriptyline. Has anyone heard of this or taken it. Did you have any probelms on it or side effects? Thank you

Susan, I have taken it. It didn't do anything for me except make me very tired...but everyone is different. Good luck!

Crystal

Susan,

I only took it to try and help me sleep at night...didn't help my pain, but like Crystal said, everyone is different. It's definitely worth a try. I never had any side effects from it, so that was good!

Good luck!

Monique

I take 75 mg of amitriptyline every night and it helps me tremendously. It relieves a lot of neuropathic pain & stiffness. It is hard to take during the day. The sleepiness is the only side effect I have dealt with. I really hope your daughter starts to feel better soon. I know how those shooting pains feel and it is no fun. It also must be very hard on you. Please know I will keep your daughter and your whole family in my prayers.

Tracy Z.

I'm so sorry for your daughter and for you. I did take amitriptyline for a couple of years. Like the others said, the side effect that got me most was the sleepiness. I chose to take it before bed for that reason.

Hope things get better for her!

Kellie

I've never taken it but according to the wikipedia link , it might help. What happened, like was this a random episode of shooting pain or has it been going on for a while?

Thank everybody for answering my questions and kind words and prayers. I'm very picky about what medcine my daughter takes. I also look up the drug and read side effects. Its not the same as getting other people input that have taken it. So after reading the comments I agreed to try the medcine. No this is the first time she ever had shooting pain going down her bidy. We were sent home to night ya. She has to get tilt test done on the 9th and based on those results then she might have to get a biopsy done. They think she has nerve fiber damage.

As for the hospital some Dr need to watch what they say to parents. Needless to say I kicked a pediatrician out of my daughter room and made it very clear she will not be my daughter Dr. I informed her that I went to college to and guess what I work in the medical field to. I know the law and I suggest she get out the room now. Dr just really make me mad sometimes.