Headache medicine problems

Hey all, i have a little problem, i think. Since being diagnosed last june, i have had my Amitriptyline upped from 25 mg, to 50, mg, and then up to 75 mg around nov. i was told that if that didn't help and i still had sleep problems, to up it to 100mg. I have done so and just yesterday i had the worst headache i have had since being diagnosed. I took my emergency medicine of 100mg of Sumatriptan succinate and again 2 hrs later. I was in my bedroom in tears for a couple hours after that. It was that bad of a headache. My neurologist told me that if the 100 mg of Amitriptyline didn't help than we would try something else. My problem is... have any of you ever had any experience like this? The main reason my neurologist has kept me on this medicine is because i have had sleep issues for a few years. I still don't get much sleep and my husband tells me that when my body gets to its limit i sleep really well, even though i never feel like i do. I just want to know if this is common or if its could possibly be something else. Have any of you had this happen before getting surgery? My dr referred me to a neurosurgeon but he said its not bad enough for me to see him. Because there is room around my brain i don't need the surgery. With this recent "attack" i am wondering if my Chiari may have gotten worse.my next MRI is coming up in a week or so and my appt with my neurologist is the following week. do you think i should be worried?

Hi there.

Amytriptaline never worked for me, neither did sumatriptan.

im on lamotrigine 100mg BD, I dont know where your from so dont know if its available where you live but it definatley helps.

Hope this helps.x