Migraine Cocktail Injections

Hello,

I am a twenty-year-old college student who has type 1 Chiari that is 11 mm. I have been trying all sorts of medication including Botox injections. My doctor is suggesting that I should perhaps try a migraine cocktail injections to help with the body pain and migraines I still have. Has anyone had these injections? If so have they helped you and how often do you get the injections?

Thanks!

Look at Mandy’s stuff on vitamin D and magnesium here on the forum. She has done a lot of research.

i agree with you on the notox injections I had them a week ago I will be so glad when the med gets out of my system when I wake up in the morning my head and neck hurts so bad. I don't think I will do botox again maybe Im just not giving it enough time but right now I don't like it my eyes are swollen still. I guess I made the mistake by driving 7 hours to go to Oklahoma but I wanted to see my family. my neck was so stiff and hurt along with shoulder pain and blurry vision this morning I am on a heat pad, when you had the botox injections did your eyes swell if so how long did it take for it to go away. I am just about to give up and just live my life the best I can. I am so put out with the out come of my whole situation

Thank you, Abby and Mom to Mck! I will look into Mandy's stuff and appreciate the research on my behalf.

Goingcrazy, here's what I've discovered with Botox. The first week is the worst. It'll take a few weeks, but you should start to feel a bit better every week. After a month, you should feel pretty great and more like your old self. You should feel pretty awesome up until a week before your next injection, and if you are sensitive to weather, you may struggle with bad fronts that move in. I've felt better with the Botox even though the last dose has not been able to counter act the terrible fronts that have been hitting my area. I wish you luck! Hang in there!

thank you so much for the information

You're welcome! Also, swelling is pretty common. I haven't had too bad of swelling, but it usually takes a few days to go down. Moving your eyebrows will hurt and be difficult to do, too. Hang in there! It should get better pretty soon. Feel free to ask me any other questions you have or send me a personal message. I would love to help you out any way I can. Feel better!

my eyes are still really swollen. I cant raise my eyebrows up. my eyes hurt and they burn I was thinking abiut taking some Benadryl to see if that would help I have been putting a cold pack on my eyes but it is not helping with the swelling. it has been a week as of today I would think that the selling in my eyes should be gone or at least better I look so terrible.

My face didn't swell very much. I don't think it should swell that much, but perhaps you should talk to your doctor about it if it continues. Benadryl might help for now. Feel better! I hope something helps you!

ya that's what I was thinking I am going to give it a little more time like over the weekend if not better I am going to call the dr I am sure they are tired of hearing from me. but I no how my body should feel and its just not right. I had seen a post a while back from someone about fluid build up in the back of your eyes did you see that or know anything about it.

I haven't heard about fluid build up, but that does not sound good at all. Definitely call your doctor if it gets worse or stays the same. I know all about bugging doctors because I have been doing it a lot lately because I've been stuck in bed for a few weeks in pain. I'm pretty sure that my doctor and her nurses hate hearing from me all the time, but they still help me out. I really hope you can get feeling better! I hope the doctor can help you out! I'll keep you you in my prayers. :)

Update: I went ahead and got the infusions/injections. It’s been almost two weeks, and I feel a bit better. I am still sore from a few of the injections, but I think they helped. I’ve had a bad migraine about 3 or 4 days out of the week instead of everyday. I’m hoping that the infusions combined with the Botox, will help.

had my botox injections done on feb 27 I don't think I will do it again I have had so many side effects from it has been a month and a half my eyes are still swollen and have had a bad head ache for three days now my med will not even help with the head and neck pain I hurt so bad the other night I almost took a trip to the er but I did not think I could drive myself or I would have went.