Leg Problems

Well first, my surgery has been set for July 5.

In the last week or so my legs have been hurting me ALOT. Yesterday they got to the point we I could barely walk at all to the point of dragging my leg. I have read that Chiari causes leg problems but I guess my question is, is there anything that helps, be it medicine or something else. My ankle are swollen and even after sleep and elevating, are not going down or getting better. My husband is wanting to take me in to the doctor today but I am just not sure they will do anything other than tell me to rest. And he doesn't want me to go back to work as long as they are this bothersome. I know he is looking out for my best interest but I am just shrugging off a serious problem or is this common?

Worth a try, I will let you know. I did give in and go to the urgent care today, Just In Case. They did the full work up and everything else is ok so they say it has to be related and the NS on call told me to call my NS in the morning first thing. My ankles are HUGE and all I have been doing is sitting.

I have always had severe leg pain for years. Had my surgery on March 11. I am feeling a bit better but still have leg pain. The only thing that helps me for it is ultra generic tramadol. It is used for nerve pain. Hope something helps for you. Oh but you can't take for 2 weeks before your surgery as it is a blood thinner.

AHHHHHH, I am so confused and frustrated any more. I know I don't talk alot on here and barely comment on anyones topics but I am new to this and am still learning myself. I saw my NS about my legs and ankles swelling (they have been swollen for over a week now and wont go down). He told me the leg weakness and pain could be the Chiari but that the swelling more than likely is NOT. He had never seen it or heard of it anyway. So now I am having to see a Cardiologist to rule out any heart problems and when they ok all of that, no telling where else I will be sent. He already sent me to my MD to make sure there weren't any other routes we should take right now and she put me on Lasix until i get in with Cardio, they arent helping at all. I am scheduled for surgery on the 5th and I am not even sure I am ready for that yet anymore.

Have you been checked for tethered cord? My neice has CM1, has had 2 decompression s and her legs still hurt. She was recently diagnosed with tethered cord...