Leak fixed?

After 9 days I had a small leak…has this happened to anyone else after surgery? And please tell me how it was fixed? Was there a second surgery required to fix it? Please help I’m going out of my mind!!!

I had a CSF Leak. From a MVD Surgery. It was leaking into my mouth. I did not have to have surgery, it sealed itself but I did get Chemical Meningitis. Totally different from a CM Leak.

Do you know where your leak is coming from? If you had a Duraplasty, what did they use for a patch?? Have you contacted your NS or the NS on call? What are they saying? What symptoms are you having?

Not all leaks require a second surgery. I promise.

Sorry for all the questions....It will just help me help you.

Tracy Z.

My NS did it himself…I had a small tear where one of the sutures were…he did say that during surgery he was able to see rite away I was suffering from lots of pressure…he had hopes that it would go down fkr the most part is is now but he replaced athe suture where it came a loose and also placed duraplasty there. I feel fine he said if it doesn’t leak anymore and heals there will be no need to go back in the OR. Im hoping not…I feel great. Walkung on the side of caution because i dont wanna leak again

After reading both discussions I really think your NS has everything under control. Just be sure and call him if you start to feel bad or have a fever.

Well that won’t be hard to do because I’ve been readmitted back into the hospital since the leak started practically…I felt the leak, was in his office within 30 minutes he stitched me up a kept me …been here fir 3 days for close observation… His office is located right in the hospital…lucky me huh…thanks for EVERYTHING!