Just curious if this is a symptom any of you suffer?

I know that most people don't understand that we have pain that does not end. They ask when do your headaches start? Or... What brings on a headache?

There's never a time I do not have pain, nausea & vertigo from the time I wake until I retire. I'm sure most of you can relate. The only thing that changes is the severity of the pain.

My question is this... Do any of you ever begin coughing & end up vomiting? It seems sometimes to hit a gag reflex in me. It used to be less, but seems to be happening a little more frequently.

Naturally, coughing & sneezing intensifies the headaches, but the vomiting puts me close to a migraine.

I'm sorry if this sound gross, I really just am curious if this is something any of you also experience.

Be Well,

Melissa

I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else but it does happen to me

Thank you Kenny for your response. Has it changed any over time?

Not sure if it has changed much over the last several years- I was just recently diagnosed but each day realize I've had it for quite a while but didn't know what "it" was.

Hey Melissa,

So 'funny' not ha, ha,...that you have this sx.....I do as well..as a matter of fact..just this morning I ending up puking and dry heaving after a coughing jag..I have a horrific chest cold...that i use to get all the time b4 surgery ..at least 3-4x a yr w/pnemonea or bronchitis....so these past 10 days or so with this stinks...brings back memories of b4 I was dx'd...Every doc said i would get these infections b/c i smoke ciggs..naturally, that makes sense...but i did not stop smoking and surgery was 3 yrs ago..this Sx in my heart and soul is Chiari related.

hope you are feeling better.

Peace,

Lori

I have vertigo and nausea. Headaches get worse with coughing,straining,sneezing,etc.

I have no gag reflex but have had any coughing/vomiting episodes. I am scheduled for surgery nov 14

Okay, I have one more for you.... & this one may sound really strange. I know this actually happens, occasionally maybe, to everyone. It's been happening to me since I was VERY young. Lately, though, several times a week, I will be walking along, & all of the sudden my knee just drops out. So far, I always catch myself. It's just that once again, it's happening more frequently. Is this related? I'm sorry if this is something that has been covered & I've not seen it. I'm new here & have not found my way around yet.

Thank you for your replies. =]

Melissa

Just wanted to add a question here, since everyone is talking about gagging etc. I have a few choking spells, though none too severe. I used to have an overactive gag reflex and now it is less overactive. The weird thing is, I went to bend over to pick something up off of the floor and vomit/fluid came gushing out w/o any warning or feeling like it was going to happen. It was strange and at first I just blew it off, but now I wonder if it is something any of you have experienced?

Also, I am not sure if this is a symptom or a psychological factor. When I eat, I tend to lean my head forward as if by doing so, I may prevent myself from choking.

Nicole :)

nicolee said:

Just wanted to add a question here, since everyone is talking about gagging etc. I have a few choking spells, though none too severe. I used to have an overactive gag reflex and now it is less overactive. The weird thing is, I went to bend over to pick something up off of the floor and vomit/fluid came gushing out w/o any warning or feeling like it was going to happen. It was strange and at first I just blew it off, but now I wonder if it is something any of you have experienced?

Nicolee, That has happened to me. Only a couple times, & a very small amount out my nose.

I did locate the symptom list yesterday & it really explained a lot for me.

i get nausea alot im on pills for it,

i only gag when i have a nasal/throat problem, ive started doing that only for the last 8months,

I experience that also, Melissa. I was just diagnosed so I have no tricks to help.

Take Care,

Katrina

Melissa last summer I spent most of my summer falling…no dizziness, nothing to warn me, 1 minute I was up, one I was down…just had my surgery 4 weeks ago…most symptoms are gone or less severe, but I am not a patient person, so we will see