I'm Still Alive and Kickin'!

Hello!

I finally found a minute to pop in and see whats happening here. the last 3 weeks seem like an eternity!

As you know we evacuated our house on the east bank of Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana because of hurricane Isaac on Monday August 27. On Wednesday August the 29. 7 years to the day of day that Katrina hit the flood waters of Isaac inundated our house with 15 feet of water taking away just about everything we had. for the next few weeks the only way to see our house was by boat. we are now able to drive in and clear out the debris and try to salvage what we can- which really there isn't anything to salvage but the pictures that we were able to put in the attic above the 20 foot ceiling in our living room.

Another bad thing is that there is a chemical plant about 2 miles from our home that spilled almost 200,000 gallon of chemicals during the storm and they are trying to deny that they escaped into our are and I know that they did- because you can smell them!

A cool thing was we caught a 7 foot alligator in the next door neighbors pool friday!

On Sept 7th i had a rescheduled appt with a neurologist- my original appt was with the top neurologist in New Orleans but was scheduled the day the storm hit. My new appt was with someone that I am not sure really understand Chiari or all its nuances. My chief complaint is severe pain in my lower spine area- many of the symptoms lead me to believe Tethered Chord Syndrome- This Doc does have an MRI scheduled for next monday so we will see what that shows. He has taken me off work until I can see him again in early October- which is a a blessing since trying to deal with insurance companies-FEMA- the church and everything else and try to work is a lot more than I think I could handle right now. Plus the pain is pretty severe. The bad part is he has me limited to 5-10 lbs limit on lifting- and that is hard to do when you have a house full of water soaked "stuff" that has to be removed.

I miss you all. I will try to check in more frequently- as I have internet access.

Pastor Kenny!

519-poolgaror2.jpg (87.1 KB)

Kenny,

I think of you every time they talk about the storm or NOLA. I am so sorry about your home and posessions. There are no words. I can't imagine and I am astounded at your great attitude. You have so much you are dealing with. I hope evrything sorts itself out and the people that are suppose to help you help you. Always remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Squeek Away!! I hope that you get the answers you need with your MRI and your doctors visit. Please let us know how everything is going and if there is anyway we can help let us know. I am so glad you checked in. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Wendy

Yes Susan I actually did help catch it!
Its was kind of a cool story!; The fence between our yards is destroyed and we have been joking that there is probably an alligator in the pool I have actually went over there and looked but not seen anything. The water in the pool is so nasty and murky you cannot see anything!

Friday my nephew was with me helping me go through my garage to try and salvage my tools while we waited for the FEMA inspector. We heard the neighbors yell that they saw an alligator in the pool so we went over there and saw it trying to escape be way of the steps and actually saw the tracks where it had been coming in and out, we knew that we had to get it out with all the neighbors and their kids around that were working trying to salvage their belongings.

What the neighbors devised was kind of like treble hook thing we used pole to find out where he was and then threw the treble hook to catch him. he got of a few times but eventually got him pulled him up and I was able to duck tape his mouth. we didn't get much cleaning done that day but it was a great diversion!

Kenny,

I am so glad that you are safe! I am also sorry that you are dealing with the destruction of the hurricane once again :( May be you will get some answers and help with pain after your MRI. Good luck and God bless you in your endeavors!

Carla