Illness

I have a question. Does anyone else have issues with getting sick more often than usual? In the last 6 months, I have been sick a lot. It has mostly been respiratory illnesses such as colds and bronchitis. I never used to get sick so much and I am ...well getting sick of it.

I wish I could say that wasn’t familiar but I am the same way. Just abt every time I go out into public I come down with something. And I am usually sick longer than others

Bird mom,
Unfortunately respiratory illnesses and illnesses in general or something that More often than not with chiarians. I’ve had respiratory illnesses at least every six months since I was a child. I believe it has something to do with the immune system suppression due to increased pressure in the head.
I’ve had respiratory illnesses at least every six months since I was a child. I believe it has something to do with the immune system suppression due to increased pressure in the head.
I take herbal supplements to help bolster my immune system such as echinacea golden seal, colloidal silver, grapefruit seed extract and as much veggies and fruit as I can handle.
I went from having a respiratory illness every six months to not having one for the last nine. I went from contracting a cold that would turn into either walking pneumonia or chronic bronchitis within a week so I would be sick for a month to a month and a half. The last time I contracted a cold, I was sick for 3 days and that was it!
I went from having a respiratory illness every six months to not having one for the last nine. I went from contracting a cold that would turn into either walking pneumonia or chronic bronchitis within a week, so I would be sick for a month to a month and a half. To the last time I got a cold, it lasted 3 days.
Don’t get me wrong, I still take the meds my western doctors tell me to. But I also work in the medical field. So I know that the western bandaid we call a “health field” has holes. But there are ways to strengthen your immune system and you are by far, NOT alone.
Peace and pain free to you my friend!

I get sick a lot with different issues, especially swallowing problems, drooling, pain, when I do ablot and my motor skills suffer. I try not to get colds because other symptoms arise.

I work in a retail store that my coworkers suspect might contain mold. There is always someone who is sick. My bad days are really starting to outnumber my good ones.

I really appreciate the advice and the support. A lot of people seem to know what it is that I have but no one seems to know what to do about it. The company nurse told me "Be careful with that Chiari. It can be dangerous."

This is so crazy! I am just starting my whirlwind of diagnosing and learning… But funny you should say that… Out of the blue I developed a major respitory infection shortly after I had my first MRI and I have been batteling it ever since… Wheezing, chest pain, colds… But my regular said they weren’t related?? But now I wonder?? I had lung testing done (I’m a non smoker btw) and the tests came back for mild COPD?? So curious if it’s related??

*my regular dr

I get a sinus infection at least every 3 to 4 months. I am trying to get over one now. You just feel drained all the time. does anyone else feel and get fatigued very easily? I am trying to get myself mentally and physically prepared for surgery next month.

Yes to the respiratory illnesses folloring colds or the flu. I do not notice a difference in the frequency of colds. When looking back at my history, I started getting pneumonia and bronchitis when my other Chiari symptoms started and has now resolved post surgery. CHiari can affect the swallowing muscles so if you have a cold you can more likely have it develop an infection.

Even before my surgery I became more proactive when I found out that my swallowing was impaired (do you choke on food or liquids), I found that gargling with salt water as soon as I got a tickle helped. I also did self-percussions on my upper chest and deep breathing exercises on a regular basis to ward off upper-airway infections. Just me, but I think it helped to keep the infections at bay.

Cognitive, I was not good so I did up a cue card for what to do when I got sick.

Good luck in fighting off the bugs.