I had surgery last week

Hi everybody,
I just had decompression surgery on Monday June 8th. It was successful. I’m still in a lot of pain so I can’t tell if there is a difference at this point. My wound looks good. No swelling or bleeding. I’ve just been very tired and shaky. Trying to stay positive and walk as much as I can. I have to use my Walker to get around and I’m doing my best to move when I can. ! The hospital experience was a nightmare. The staff were awful and tried to make me leave as soon as possible. I couldn’t have my husband with me because of covid-19. So I was very confused as to who I Spoke to and what was going on around me. I felt very bullied into leaving and even had to pack my own bags and get dressed on my own. My only advice I can give is to try and have the staff contact your (help) whenever they talk to you . Or something that might be important. The hospital never talked to my husband and didn’t share important information. All I got was discharged paperwork and information on what to do. As far as exercises, all they said was to move my neck from side to side. I didn’t even have a BM before leaving. It took 4days for me to have a BM and I’m still struggling with that. It’s been a rough experice, but I’m glad I’m home

1 Like

I’m glad you have made it to the other side of surgery. I am sorry to hear about such a difficult experience. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!:purple_heart:

1 Like

How has your recovery gone since you have been home? Have your symptoms improved? I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience in the hospital! I know that has to be tough not having your husband or anyone there with you! I hope you are doing well!!

1 Like

Thanks for asking. I’m doing a lot better. I still have mild symptoms compared to what it was! I’ve had about five migraines so far, and my eyes are still puffy when I get the migraines. My gate is doing a lot better, although I still have days where my legs are buckling under me. My recent MRI came back clear! But the nerve damage in my legs and arm might not ever be better. They say overall it takes almost a year to recover from the surgery.

Hi, how many days were you in the hospital after your surgery?

I was in the hospital for three days.