How do you 'snap yourself out of it'?

Hi!!

When going through a tough spell…both body and mind…how do you guys deal with the emotional part??? I mean…I have so many blessings, so many…yet, I just can’t seem to ‘snap myself out of it’.

It being: Guilt for not getting enough done…unproductive.

Over-all blahness…the blues

ANXIETY

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks and God Bless,
Lori

I had a few really horrible day’s this week, and girl… let me tell you, my house didn’t go under because it was not cleaned… My family did not starve because I didn’t fix them supper, and everything else in the world just kept on ticking by… Let yourself have those bad day’s… The guilt is always there… But I don’t let it overwhelm me… I like Abby, take Cymbalta… because life just gets to be to much to handle at times… I swore that I didn’t want to take a anxiety med or depression med… But let me tell you, it makes the difference… My family can actually stand to be around me again… Just remember not everyday will you have the energy to be superwoman… and try not to beat yourself up because you can’t be. lots of gentle huggs…

lori come on you know there are more important things than that in life,

i also feel like that, alot, where i wish i wasnt here, to let anyone down, then a friend told me, that me feeling like that was my own fault, i allowed myself to do it, so he taught me a trick and everytime i put myself down, is say UP UNTILL NOW. its hard and doesnt work over night,

i alsotook my husband that it wasnt about him having to come home and do house work or look after the kids, after a long hard day at work, it was about taking th pressure off, he looked at me and said i never thought about it like that, and you know what he is helping more. and also i got over myself, i realised i want the women i used to bee, it was time to adapt…

so lori ITS TIME TO ADAPT

heee i know im soooo proud of myself,
my family now think ive changed for the worst because i stood up for myself with them, but thing is i just wasnt going to let them take advantage of me anymore, when i needed help i nearly get smacked in the mouth, so im trying to be my best, and if that means i look after me for a change well then so be it, and if they dont like it, they know where the door is, it does feel good, but at times i feel im letting them down, it just me i have to get over,

Joelene:

I am sure your family DOES NOT think you have changed for the worst…they are in shock you stood up for yourself is more the case, probably!!!

Men are wired differenty I am convinced!!! What I think is ‘plan as day’…my husband will be like, OHHHHHHHH, Really???

How are you feeeling???

God Bless,
Love,
Lori

ohh guys

my husband doesnt lay a finger on me, my father tried to hit me when i asked for help, that was a first, my husband maybe horrible at times, but never hit me,
'my father decided that i was being ungrateful asking for help and me telling that i need their help for once, i didnt speak to them for 3moths, he also told me that him and my mother blamed me for her heart problems and that i have put her in hospital a few times, (i never knew she was even there) so it was best to swollow my hurt and never ask for help again, it was such a blow, im afraid now to say anything to anyone, just encase i look selfish, this is how my mother has brought me up, mental abuse sometimes is worse than being hit, but if yourve got a phyiscal problem she has it too, and she managed with five kids, and what my problem. bla bla bla, i dont have much to do with them, but unfortunitly we brought a house withthem so they could own their own, and well i want to sell it, and move on away from them
but u cant do that until we know what we are doing with it, we tried to help them,

hey sorry that might of been too much info, but once i start i cant seem to finish, im sorry you have to hear my sad story, its my problem i dont expect anyone else to listen,

but in its funny way i do feel better

Joelene, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you peace and better health, and days of less pain both mentally and physically.

joelene hossack said:

ohh guys

my husband doesnt lay a finger on me, my father tried to hit me when i asked for help, that was a first, my husband maybe horrible at times, but never hit me,
'my father decided that i was being ungrateful asking for help and me telling that i need their help for once, i didnt speak to them for 3moths, he also told me that him and my mother blamed me for her heart problems and that i have put her in hospital a few times, (i never knew she was even there) so it was best to swollow my hurt and never ask for help again, it was such a blow, im afraid now to say anything to anyone, just encase i look selfish, this is how my mother has brought me up, mental abuse sometimes is worse than being hit, but if yourve got a phyiscal problem she has it too, and she managed with five kids, and what my problem. bla bla bla, i dont have much to do with them, but unfortunitly we brought a house withthem so they could own their own, and well i want to sell it, and move on away from them
but u cant do that until we know what we are doing with it, we tried to help them,

hey sorry that might of been too much info, but once i start i cant seem to finish, im sorry you have to hear my sad story, its my problem i dont expect anyone else to listen,

but in its funny way i do feel better

thankyou so much
it brought tears to my eyes,
but your right, i will pray, that they have understanding

i thankyou again,
abby that is a horrible feeling, why is it that when we need our parents to be parents they act more like children, im sick of having to be the bigger one, i know they are trying to teach me to stand on my own 2 feet, but somethings it would be nice not to even if its only for an hr, lol