Help please

I am 3 weeks post op. I thought thing were going great, i was slowly being able to move my head and neck, the pressure was not as bad and the headaches seemed minimal. Till yesterday, out of the blue i had this sever pain like someone stabed me with a very sharp object in the lower back of my head and upper neck, then it was like a shock of electricity went straight through my neck and down my back spine and brought me to me knees. For a breif momemt i felt paralyzed and could not move. I called the nero surgeon on call who advised me to take my pain meds and muscle relaxers and see if it helps, I felt the last shock type feeling about 9PM, and i guess feel asleep. I woke this morning feeling like i just got out.of surgery again. I cant move my neck cause it hurts so much and it really hurts to move and walk cause the pain i can still feel in my back. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this after surgery? I am waiting a call back from my surgeon now. But in the beginning when i was first diagnosed he did not even want to do.the surgery saying it was not that bad and the only symptom i had was the headache and pressure. Then he finally agreed, and the surgery took longer then normal due to so much extra tissue and bone growth that was not seen on the MRI even with contrast. Please help if anyone has experienced anything like this.

Yes I had the same type of pain for the first few months off and on. Pretty sure it was nerve pain. Some times I would actually grab my neck thinking I was stabbed. I started taking a nerve medication and even did some never block injections it helped resolve the problem. Good luck.

Lindsey, thats exactly what it feels like. Like someone stabbing me. Im currently on a nero pain medication as well yet it does not seem to help with this pain. Did it ever feel like it was shooting down your back as well?