Headed to my PCP

After two weeks of struggling to get my records from the hospital affiliated w/ my local NL, Chuck from Dr. Oro's office thankfully called yesterday. I had been focused on trying to get a copy of my MRA, b/c that was my most recent test and was the one that reported my 4mm ectopia. Chuck let me know that I need to have a brain MRI, and I'm just going to go to my PCP to see if he'll order it. Out of ALL the doctors I have seen in the last 15 months, he seems to be the most intelligent and open minded. He was the one who first told me about Chiari - not the two NL's. So, send up some prayers and cross some fingers! Maybe the planets will even align and I could have the MRI today! Doubtful, but one can hope!!

Fingers crossed for getting a MRI sooner than later.

I can't say enough good things about Dr Oro and his office.

Diana

Successful appointment with my PCP! He's such an amazing man!! He's ordering a new brain MRI w/ a focus on my probable Chiari 1. He agreed that Chiari makes more sense than anything so far. Is it normal for me to have a new level of fear... at the same time as relief? I just want to cry. I want to always try to be positive, but y'all understand these emotions better than anyone.

Jen,

That's awesome! Having a good PCP is priceless. Sounds like you are in good hands. It's normal to be scared. These are all big steps into finding out whats causing your symptoms and what to do about it. We are all here for you and can't wait to find out how the test go. Praying for you.

Wendy

Jen said:

Successful appointment with my PCP! He's such an amazing man!! He's ordering a new brain MRI w/ a focus on my probable Chiari 1. He agreed that Chiari makes more sense than anything so far. Is it normal for me to have a new level of fear... at the same time as relief? I just want to cry. I want to always try to be positive, but y'all understand these emotions better than anyone.