Headaches worse from cold weather?

I was decompressed in June this year. I haven’t really noticed a difference in my symptoms except for some of the numbness in legs and arms have eased up. This winter has been really hard on me so far, harder than any other before. I wake up daily now with chiari headaches and I’ve noticed it’s worse when the temps are 20 or lower. Does anyone else notice more pain with colder temps? I woke up this morning and the left side of my face was numb, I was dizzy, and had the horrible headache. Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you!

Hi Heather, I was decompressed in April of this year and all of my symptoms went away, so sorry your did not. But as soon as it got cold here I felt like the back of my head was going to split open an my scar site! And only 20 or below! I have been totally zapped of all my energy since it started as well. Pressure changes in the weather can cause pain like this. Still contact your NS office and let them know what is going on.

Heather, my symptoms are worse with weather changes- maybe the barometric pressure??? I’ve heard many chiarians talk about cold weathered making things worse. I’m sorry you are feeling bad.

Jenn

Yes, mine are worse in the cold weather. I haven't really noticed the temp I just know it's snowing.

I get very bad fatigue and dizziness/vertigo too.