Headache help

hi everyone- was recently diagnosed and headaches were acutally at the bottom of the list of symptoms that are bothering me the most. however, the past two days have been aweful. I have never been one to get headaches, even when hungover. I would describe them as in the back of my head, kind of one the left side, which is strange becuase usually things bother me on the right side. Anyway, what do you all take when you are having a headache and does it usually help? My doctor had me on medication, but took me off becuase he is doing some tests and doesn't want the results to be scued. any thoughts suggestions comments would be appreicated. thanks!

Hi....

So sorry you are suffering so. I take a prescription med called Fiorocet for head aches...when they are very bad. I also used an ice pack on my forehead and the back of my neck sometimes and that helps some..I do this in a dark, quiet room .

Hope this helps some. Take care and keep us updated.

Hope you feel better! I have no tips as nothing has helped my daughter's headaches. Stricter sleeping pattern, sipping water all day, stretching, and harder work outs were recommended for her. :)

Sorry about your headache pain. Like you headaches where on the bottom of my symptom list. I second the Fiorocet and just trying to relax.

Hope you find something to take the edge off!

Diana

Im sorry that you are in pain. The only thing that stops my headaches once they get so bad is Imitrex. I keep it with me at all times.

Hope you get better soon!!!

I rarly bother with any pills just paracytamol, nurofen or iburofen sometimes. I have tried co-codamol and they dont work but I dont like taking meds so I seldom use any. I use mentol oils/sticks and put on my temples/forehead/behind ears… not a mircle cure but I do find relief and I use and ice pack… but always get brain freeze lol

The stick I use is called headsoothe and I love it!

I get really bad headaches. I find the only thing that offers me any relief is a sock with rice in it that I put in the microwave. Sometimes they get so bad that my Dr. will give my strong painkillers and that helps me sleep it off. I had one last week that was so bad I was in bed for 3 days! I totally understand, I pray for some relief for you!