Glasses

First off let me say thank you all for the warm welcome, it’s very much appreciated. My question I have is, do any of you wear eye glasses and if so do they create headaches but not cause of your vision but from the frames? For me the eye glasses frame create a real sharp pain in the back of my head. Now I have tried tons of frames and it’s always the same deal. Very frustrating but just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this.
Thank you

1 Like

Yes!!! Big time. It’s where the frames hit behind my ears. No matter what frames or how they fit they start giving me a bad headache within a half an hour or so. I was just wondering that today. Interesting that you posted this.

Anything against my head can cause a headache to erupt. I especially have a problem with my cell phone. I hadn’t had a cell phone until recently, The house phone doesn’t bother me as much. I think it might be the fact that the cell phone gets warm when in use.

I wear glasses, but also wear contacts. I try to avoid wearing my actual glasses as they sometimes increase my headaches. When I go to the eye doctor this time, I am thinking of asking for the featherweight frames, they claim to feel “weightless”…we’ll see how those go.

I only wear glasses to read, but I have noticed that I get pain on the back/side of my head. I think mine is a nerve issue. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and it feels like my glasses put pressure on those particular nerves. I am in the medical field and have an interest in anything related. So, I am searching the internet constantly, trying to assess my symptoms. Maybe you could try looking up the anatomy of nerves and you may find an answer, that is… if it is nerve related. Hope you ave a great day!!! And WELCOME!

Yes!! i get headaches with the glasses on, and I got the glasses because i was getting headaches when i had to read…now 7 yrs later, they give me the headache!! go figure!

Same issue with me! For the last year I have so much tenderness on my head that runs from my eyes straight back along the top of my ears....especially the left side??? When the pressure in my head is really bad, the area seems to almost be bulging. I'm constantly massaging along there. Do you know if there are nerves that run along that area that could be triggered by the Chiari? Thank you so much for your input :)

Susan~

nicolee said:

I only wear glasses to read, but I have noticed that I get pain on the back/side of my head. I think mine is a nerve issue. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and it feels like my glasses put pressure on those particular nerves. I am in the medical field and have an interest in anything related. So, I am searching the internet constantly, trying to assess my symptoms. Maybe you could try looking up the anatomy of nerves and you may find an answer, that is... if it is nerve related. Hope you ave a great day!!! And WELCOME!