Four Years after my surgery

You know, I read in so many places that symptoms returned with several patients after three years post-op. I was waiting this past year. Nothing. I am grateful but I am aware that it could come back. I take this and run with it- literally. I completed my first half-marathon. I believe this was inspired by Runnergirl who walked me through my post-op on this forum and gave me hope for a new life. I am taking classes in school for nursing. My kids are 12 and 8 now and barely remember my surgery.
I continue to have days where my head is a bit heavier. Those are days though- not weeks or months. I still cannot lift anything too heavy without those muscles pulling on my patch and giving me headaches, but you know what, I started rock climbing and it’s so much fun that the headaches are worth it. One day at a time is all I can suggest to all of you. I’d like to start posting on here more. I’m sorry I left you all for such a long time. Let me know if I can help any of you. XOXO’s

1 Like

Just keep plugging on, that is what is zippheads do. you’re awesome and keep living your best life you possibly can😊