Finally had surgery

Took everyones advice and got my regular dr to put me on medical leave from work until I could see the neurosurgeon. I finally had the decompression surgery and its been twelve days. Im up and about now just having some balance issues and headaches. I know its not even been two weeks since surgery but was wondering if anyone else experienced headaches and pressure on the neck?

They told me it take a while for your brain to adjust to the new room! It is adjustment in there for sure it will be several mouths before you feel 100% normal! Good luck and don’t over do it!

I was told at UCSF that I would know the outcome of my decompression and laminectomy surgery at two year post-op.

I too felt the pressure on the neck that has not gone away. For me it is because of a combination of POTS and my neck straightening and discs bulging inward. My neck feels like it's holding a bowling ball.

Give your surgery time before getting worried, but do follow up if it doesn't go away and be persistent with your doctor. It's too soon to tell.

Good luck and be patient. It's easier said than done.

I did after my surgery but you should ask them to get you some physical therapy like I did. That will help you out some.