Finally approved... but still waiting

Hi! I've been avoiding this place for quite a while cuz I really have nothing helpful to add anywhere and nothing good to share, but...

After 2 years of waiting and denials and appeals an SSI judge finally made a 'fully favorable' ruling for my disability. Due to not having enough work credits (cuz let's face it... I've really never been able to work except very part time for a couple of years while TRYING to make life work as a single mom) to qualify I am not waiting for the SSI people to fully realize that I really have NO other financial resources. I find it kind of silly that they requested 2 years of bank records to show how little money I have... but I've been receiving food stamps for longer than that (which they know) and you can't have much in the bank to qualify for those either. @@ lol

Oh well... I'm finally starting to feel confident that the waiting and wondering is almost over. I've already been told that my SSI payments will be $721/month... which is about $200/month less than what we've been living on for the past 2 years. I'm still not getting any clear answers if my kids will still qualify for some cash assistance through DHS... but I'm hoping so. Otherwise there will be MORE stress as I figure out how to raise 3 kids on less than the bare minimum of essentials.

So... good and not so good updates from me. Physically I am continuing to feel worse and worse. I have some 'not so bad days' still though.... other than the fatigue which is constant CRAZY... I think that's partly due to now waking at 5am to make sure 2/3 of my kids get ready and out the door for the bus at 6... crazy middle school thinking starting school even earlier and ending later will be GOOD for growing preteens who need their sleep.

Sorry... I didn't mean to come here and pretty much just complain. My kids are awesome and I'm so grateful that I'm still able to somewhat parent. I'm just beat... from everything.

Ugh... w/ my cognition struggles you would think I would have been smart enough to preview before posting... lol

I am NOW waiting for the SSI people... not 'not'

Theresa, so glad to hear this good news. Prayers that the last part of equation pans out too, I think it will. You are doing great mom! Keep it up!

Jenn